IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Problem with intentions  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem with intentions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamis4ever777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem with intentions
    Posted: 29 July 2011 at 11:48am
slmz all,

So it started a few months back and it still becoming worse every day, I have this problem with my intentions with wudu and salaah i just can't do it properly. When i enter the bathroom to go and make my wudu, I start off by thinking in my head the words 'O Allah, I am making my fard/sunnah wudu for you now'. While I'm thinking that i keep thinking that I broke wind when in actuall fact I'm pretty sure I did'nt, and anyway I don't know how to get rid off that, and then I have to start all over again with my intention and the intention to state the words in my head takes about 15 mins. Please HELP me! I know they say your intention must come from your heart but what does that mean and how do i do it? do i have to state the words in my head?  How do I get rid off the breaking wind feeling please I just want it to back to like how it was in the past but I can't remember, I just want to be able to make my wudu in 5mins

Jazakallah
islamis4ever777

semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 9:14pm
Salam,

I think you need to go to psychiatrist.

You maight have similar story on below link:

A lot of Mike's compulsions involve cars. Before he gets in one, he says, he feels compelled to check the doors, the brakes, the tires � sometimes more than once. And once he's on the road, Mike says every bump can make him wonder if he's just hit something.

One night, Mike's OCD actually made it impossible for him to drive through a quiet neighborhood.

"I was driving around for 30 minutes to 45 minutes," he says. "I'd go back where I thought I'd hit something. Go check it. And I'd have to do that until it felt just right. And then sometimes when I was rolling around to go back and check again, I would roll over something else. So now I have two things to check."

The police stopped him twice that night to ask if he was casing the area.

Edited by semar - 29 July 2011 at 9:22pm
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Wardah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2011 at 11:21am
Waslam brother Islam4ever

I think you are focusing a lot here. Say it once when you start wadu in your heart and than that is it, done, just focus on your wadu and finish it in five minute. You know we can not control our brain 100%, it works round-o-clock. You can not think all the time in a same way.
Well, something comes from your heart when you want it, I mean having intention from your heart is mean when you say it than you really mean it and you really need it.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic