IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - greetings my dear new family  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

greetings my dear new family

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taoist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2011 at 9:52pm
Salam Alakium to all !  Subhan Allah he has opened up the door for me to take Shahada on August 1st. at 6:00 pm. LOL I am excited yet a bit nervous as this is the biggest spiritual act of my LIFE !  Please keep me in your prayers .  Also for Sharon , the web site " Why Islam . com " has a very good step by step video on Salat and other topics.  Again thanks to all the brothers and sister out there,  Taoist.
mrs shadab View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrs shadab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2011 at 1:10am
assalamu alaikum dear sister sharon,
 today i read ur post andisveryhappy to read that now u r trying to practice  islam,,i too welcome u in islam and wish u very good  luck, may ALMIGHTY   ALLAH make ur path easy to learn and understand the beautiful teaching of islam,,its no doubt a beautiful relegion with all great values and humrous teachings,, dont put ur self in any doubt  about islam that is it right or wrong,,very soon INSHA ALLAH  u wil see that what a great decission to come in islam u have decided,,may ALLAH help u ,,ameen..
wassalam  mrs shadab
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2011 at 5:18am
As Salamu Alaikum

Very happy for you, Taoist. I understand how excited and nervous you must be. Remember, insha Allah it's going to be one of the best days of happiness & sweet memories of your life.

Sis Sharon, plz login the other section of Islamicity - Group - New Muslims. You shall find a section - Info about Shalat. There in click at the link shared by me, which teaches prayers of muslim women. I shall personally feel happy to see your contributions to this site :)

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2011 at 8:19am
Thumbs%20Upwa alaikum salaam.  Excellent!
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2011 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by sharon..... sharon..... wrote:

Greetings dear sister Seekshidayath,

,,but i dont know yet the positions of prayers for the sisters if it is the same as for the brothers...may you please sister explain that or show me a link on web to find the proper way to do it?

Salaam Sister,

I came across some better links for prayer. Pls go to this thread:

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=18057&PID=157192#157192

The brother in the thread was inquiring about prayer, it would be a good idea to discuss and post in same thread for ease. You can scroll down in that thread and view the 2 links. One illustrates the method of prayer and the other tells you how many prayers you need. Hope that helps inshAllah.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
poks View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2011 at 12:11am
i miss my habibi sooo much...
Abdul Shakur View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abdul Shakur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2011 at 3:21pm
Greetings in the Name of Allah(swt):  As-Salaamu Alaikum!  Welcome to the Family of Islam.  We are a BIG family, worldwide, and we have your best interest at heart.  My name is Abdul Shakur, a caucasian Muslim, living in California.  I'v been Muslim since 1973 and I'm not ashamed!  There is no fear, or shame in serving Allah(swt) and His Prophet(saas).  Continue to grow and feel free to ask any questions you need.  My personal e-mail address is: [email protected]... I hope this community does not mind me adding that to my post. 
sharon..... View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharon..... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 3:12am

assalamu alaikum dear brothers and sisters,

Taoist... its lovely to see you have made shahada...your mentioning that you will say it on the first of ramadan has made me feel to do that too and silently me too have became muslim from that day onwards-insha Allah
 I had a few days of reflection of the change and the joyous feel, happy that  Allah our merciful god guided us to getting to know and understanding islam to us all faithfully and appreciately changing our life to live rightly and doing good and showing we believe "there is no god besides Allah and Mohammad is his prophet"-may be peace be upon him-insha Alla...us reading about islam to making gradual little changes of transition (crawling in a  sense- like steps) between changing habits of worldly ways to that of increasing to strive to keep learning and applying what is learnt (walk wobble in a sense  until getting it right-like steps) to live by the 5 pillars and  islam principles in the  noble Quran , insights and wisdom from Allah who alone is GOD to live by, his messages of hope with what is halal and and what is haram for to follow, declared messages through his prophet muhammad-may peace be upon him and all of messengers and prophets before him-may peace be upon them. 
kind regards from sharon.....

Edited by sharon..... - 05 August 2011 at 3:16am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic