IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Family matters  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Family matters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zainabkaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Family matters
    Posted: 13 July 2011 at 1:53pm
Assalamualaikum dear readers,
  I would be glad if anyone could give me Islam's ruling on the issue below. What is Islam's ruling on a man whose daughter has become a non-muslim and the father has agreed to his daughter to marry a non-muslim and he(the father) would be the one to give her hand in marriage in church?
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2011 at 7:16pm

Is this a muslim country?  Did his daughter, and the family (father) ever practice Islam? 

zainabkaka View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zainabkaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2011 at 12:52pm
I would call it a secular country. The father is a practicing muslim. Some families have muslims as well as christians in the same family. I know that what the father is about is to do is not allowed in Islam but I need to back up my arguement with facts if I have to convince him to not go ahead with it. I feel since he has allowed her to practice christianity, he cannot give her out at the alter and I feel he should get a christian relative(if neccessary) to take her to the alter. There are so many things we do in this world that we take for granted and everything we do has an effect on how we will be judged in the hereafter. I am not a strong muslim but I am always ready to learn new things and understand my religion better.This situation is very personal to me I believe that I have to do something. Thank you
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2011 at 1:29pm
Salaams,

What country is he in? Islamically her should not, legally doubt he has to either.. why does he feel he needs to?
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2011 at 7:19pm

It seems a bit strange that a girl raised in a household of practicing Muslims would embrace another faith as an adult, unless her mom was Christian.  Anyway, she is no longer in need of her father's consent/agreement, and maybe he is hoping to keep good relations with his daughter in hopes of bringing her back to Islam.

Pati View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2011 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

It seems a bit strange that a girl raised in a household of practicing Muslims would embrace another faith as an adult, unless her mom was Christian.  Anyway, she is no longer in need of her father's consent/agreement, and maybe he is hoping to keep good relations with his daughter in hopes of bringing her back to Islam.

Why do you find it strange? How many new muslim grew up inside Christian Religious Families and then, they became muslims?

I don't find it so strange, and I do respect a father who loves her daughter so much that is able to fight by her in the happiest day of her life, even if he was not agree with her.

It's not matter of religion, but love, family love, and the family should be over everything. How many situations of muslim parents killing their daughters because they falled with Christians or they became Christians? That's the "ideal" of Islam?? No, it's not, and I am sure. Islam is love, or it should be love, because believing in God means believe in His powerful love.

I just wish the new marriage a long life together, and I hope that the father will be proud of taking his daughter to her husband inside the Church, as father and not as Muslim, because that's not a reason to reject a daughter.

Regards,
Patricia
No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2011 at 9:21pm
salaams to all. Abuayisha I agree with you. If you a practicing muslim, then your children will be so proud of islam that it will be rare for them to leave their faith for another as an adult. Patti, people who are religious should follow their faith more than anything as much as possible. Everyone has their opinion on what they think is right or wrong but if they do not follow islam then regardless of their personal opionion, they will still be questioned by Allah(SWT) about their actions.  If this daughter believes in the trinity then he should not attend her marriage.  He should love his daughter as much as possible but at the same time he still needs to follow islam no matter what his daughter wants of him.  If the father pleases he could advice another family member to take her to the alter. I personally would not enter a church that believes in Allah as having three parts to HIMSELF. He could still wish his child the best without participating in her marriage.
mrs shadab View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrs shadab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2011 at 8:30am
assalmoalaikum,,
firstly it is so sad to hear this ,,coz how could it be possible that one muslim  father could do that ,,coz we r  here not for our own satisfaction,and needs,,  but ALLAH send us  to judge us that how much we love  ALLAH n how much we obey HIS commands,,i dont think  and as far as  i have read my relegious books and commanments of ALLAH swt,,it would not be permissible by ALLAH  to do so ,,one muslim father has a great responsibilities for his children specially for girl  and in this case thsi father its self is not a good muslim neither he has raised his daughter in the right direction of islam ,,may ALLAH give Hidayah to this family,,
wassalam..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic