IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - any questions from non-muslims ?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

any questions from non-muslims ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unity1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: any questions from non-muslims ?
    Posted: 23 March 2005 at 9:37am

Asalam Aalaikum

I welcome all my non-muslim friends in this forum who are interested in Islam. If you have any question regarding Islam ,then please donot hesitate to ask them here ,inshallah we will attempt to answer your question promptly.

Regards,

who call themselves superior are actually inferior in the eyes of Allah.Those who call themselves slaves of Allah are superior not only in the eyes of Allah but also superior in the eyes of man.
Laurie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laurie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2005 at 9:44pm
As in the Catholic Faith believers are made by God to attend Mass on Sunday or commit a mortal sin.  I f the believer then dies in this state of sin he is punished in hell!  As with the Islamic faith believers are made to pray 5 times a day at specific times in adoration of God.  My question is thus:  It may be quite niave but if God can create us, humans of such mental & physical complexity and as well the Universe in its entirety to enable us to survive, why then he is so insecure as to to make us pray and adore him under the threat of punishment on judgement day and into eternity.  I thought that is why God gave us free will otherwise we would be just religious robots. 
femme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2005 at 5:29am
The purpose of praying is not because God is insecure, He does not need our prayer for anything. Prayer is to glorify Him, to thank Him and to show respect and ask for whatever, and much more. The punishment is for those that don't pray...not praying is saying you're not thankfull and you don't believe etc. 
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2005 at 7:15am
God is your personal trainer. Just keep doing the exercises! What is more
important than a little quality time?

DavidC
unity1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unity1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2005 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Laurie Laurie wrote:

As in the Catholic Faith believers are made by God to attend Mass on Sunday or commit a mortal sin.� I f the believer then dies in this state of sin he is punished in hell!� As with the Islamic faith believers are made to pray 5 times a day at specific times in adoration of God.� My question is thus:� It may be quite niave but if God can create us, humans of such mental & physical complexity�and as well the Universe in its entirety to enable us to survive, why then he is so insecure as to to make us pray and adore him under the threat of punishment on judgement day and into eternity.� I thought that is why God gave us free will otherwise we would be just religious robots.�

Asalam Aalaikum

First let me clear your misconception, God doesnot force us to pray and worship Him, He has just ordered his creation(human beings) to worship him and has given them freewill so that they can practice what they want to practice without any difficulty and may not have any chance of blaming and questioning Him.

God orders us to pray not because He is insecure and I donot find any rationality behind this assumption of yours. God orders us to pray because in prayer their is a key to success not only in the wordly life but also in the life hereafter. God orders us to pray because He
wants us to gain benefits that He has placed in prayer.

The Islamic method of prayer is very beneficial for both the spiritual and physical aspects of the body and this method of prayer can also be explained scientifically.

Their are more than 100000 angels that worship Him non-stop ,He is neither hungry for our prayer neither gains any benefits from our prayer, when he orders us to pray, He does that because He wants us to acheive success .

I hope it is clear.

If you have any further question on this topic, then please ask without any hesitation.
Regards,

who call themselves superior are actually inferior in the eyes of Allah.Those who call themselves slaves of Allah are superior not only in the eyes of Allah but also superior in the eyes of man.
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2005 at 4:26am

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillahi ir rehman ir rahim,

The islamic concept is that Allah/God is free of all needs, whereas all that is besides Him is but, in need of Him.

Worshiping Allah is to express one's slavehood and servitude towards Him.

We ought to worship Him because He (and He alone) is worthy of worship.

As said in Surah Luqman (31:21) we bestowed (in the past) Wisdom on Luqman: "Show (thy) gratitude to Allah." Any who is (so) grateful does so to the profit of his own soul: but if any is ungrateful, verily Allah is free of all wants, Worthy of all praise.

We worship Him in a manner prescribed by Him, because He is worthy of worship in the best possible manner .... which only He could teach man - He who has taught man everything, that he knew not ...

Peace,

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
tawhid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tawhid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 2:29pm

Originally posted by unity1 unity1 wrote:

Asalam Aalaikum

I welcome all my non-muslim friends in this forum who are interested in Islam. If you have any question regarding Islam ,then please donot hesitate to ask them here ,inshallah we will attempt to answer your question promptly.

Regards,

aalaikum salem

blessings in Christ my lord

where does islam stand in the debate of chreation and evolution?

where are the real enjeels?

sukran.

tawhid

tawhid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tawhid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2005 at 7:06am
hello?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic