IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Arabic Language
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Learn Arabic Inshallah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Learn Arabic Inshallah

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavenway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Learn Arabic Inshallah
    Posted: 29 June 2011 at 12:17am

ARABIC ALPHABET- NAMES

• In this lesson we will learn the Arabic Alphabet In-Shā�-All�h (God Willing). The lesson is designed to teach the names of all the alphabets.
  • Please note that some of these letters are very similar to English letter sounds e.g.: /Bā�/ is very close to the letter 'B' in the English language, this is a useful way to remember the sounds of the letters. However many letters have no equivalent sounds in English e.g.: /ξayn/, and some letters have subtle but important differences in pronunciation, e.g.: /Hā�/ which is pronounced with a lot more emphasis in the throat than the letter 'H' in English.
  • In Arabic, it is preferred to use the 'tanween' ('un') to clarify the pronunciation - especially on the final letter of a word.  We have used the tanween in the sounds below.  For example - instead of /Bā�/ we have said '-un'.  The letter name is still /Bā�/ but we have used the 'un' to clarify the pronunciation.
  • Finally, please note that the Arabic script is read from right to left. Please read the letters below starting from the right and reading each letter to the left.

i am also offering arabic courses on skype , u can add me janahway1

my msn is [email protected]

ج

ث

ت

ب

أ

Arabic Character

/Jīm/

/Thā�/

/Tā�/

/Bā�/

/Alif/

Letter Name

j

th

t

b

a

Letter Sound

ر

ذ

د

خ

ح

Arabic Character

/R�/

/Dhāl/

/Dāl/

/Kh�/

/ħā�/

Letter Name

r

dh

d

kh

h

Letter Sound

ض

ص

ش

س

ز

Arabic Character

/đ�d/

/ŝ�d/

/Shīn/

/Sīn/

/Zāy/

Letter Name

d

s

sh

s

z

Letter Sound

ف

غ

ع

ظ

ط

Arabic Character

/Fā�/

/Ghayn/

/ξayn/

/Z�/

/ŧ�/

Letter Name

f

gh

`

Z

t

Letter Sound

ن

م

ل

ك

ق

Arabic Character

/Nūn/

/Mīm/

/Lām/

/Kāf/

/Q�f/

Letter Name

n

m

l

K

q

Letter Sound

ي

و

هـ

Arabic Character

/Yā�/

/Wāw/

/Hā�/

Letter Name

y

w

h

Letter Sound

urdumania2012 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urdumania2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2012 at 10:39pm
I think its a great effort by you.Thanx for sharing it.Please keep it up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic