IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2nd I am confused...I am lonely  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2nd I am confused...I am lonely

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aishag88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2nd I am confused...I am lonely
    Posted: 29 August 2005 at 11:41am

I am feeling a little better, thanks for your comments.

I'm thinking of getting a job, I'm working on the prayers (thought right now i cant pray) I am also working on the clothes probelm...

Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2005 at 8:00pm

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

Alhamdulillah. May allah always be with you and make your imaan stronger.

Finding a job will be good insha allah, it will  give you confidence and a sense of self dependence in many ways.

If you need to discuss anything, please feel free to drop bye.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
MayPB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 12:11am

I guess for you right now clothes are on your mind. If you look your best you may feel good, but confidence will come from the things you are doing right. But I know high school is difficult and here are some suggestions,

-Shukr online, for Muslims in the West

-Get some Tunics they are long and you can wear a hijab

Can I ask you...

You decided to put on hijab and are you not surprised by the reaction from others? Your image says alot about you. If I see a woman wearing plain clothes in an abaya I would think she is not so intrested in appearances, If I see a woman with a cute outfit and orange scarf I think, well she is not dressing disrespectfully, but at the same time her intentions may be not to be ignored by men, so ... it's a small factor in your faith, but on the reverse side it may help you to feel more confident in your own faith and identify with Islam more. I feel only worried that you do not become isolated with others because socialization with others is importand and how can you practice all the good things you are learning if you don't have friends to talk with?What brought you to Islam, all by yourself? Do you not know any other Muslims in your area. Maybe you don't have 100% agrerment with "Islams commen practices" because Islam's faith initiatives seem to be largely influenced by culture and do not seem to place a value on the democratic country you grew up in.  How can this be "divine guidance" right? You will need to spend effort in studying and keep an open mind. Perhaps you could take a class on Islam at your local university. Peace

aishag88 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aishag88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2005 at 11:41am
 Sisters about the clothes, that is my problem...I want islamic clothes...liket the long shirt and skirts i like those...but i'm in high school...my conflict is that I cant find clothes that are Islamic to me and still good for high school ( I want to draw a line to what my clothes have to be..) like shurk online those are great.
Meedo View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2005 at 1:42pm

yes shukr is a good site . many revert ladies use it. mashallah .

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic