IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Conspiracy Theories
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Honor Killings  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Honor Killings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsandskies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Honor Killings
    Posted: 09 June 2011 at 7:46pm
Asalamualykum, merhaba, konishiwa, ni hao, privet, gaea sou, hola, bonjour, ciao any language i forgot...-

I don't know if this is in the right placie things, so bear with me.

So.... I'm 13, and people tell me I think about things that most 13 year olds don't think about like: politics, science, different religions, yadda yadda yadda. Each week I've always got a new topic in my mind and this week it's on honor killings.

So I searched it up online (Me and Google are besties LOL), and the definitions I got were: When a male finds out that a female in his family has done immoral things such as: Stepping out of an arranged marriage, commiting adultry in or out of marriage and being raped (as a victim).

I also found out that Muslims make about 91% of all honor killings. 

So I have questions (My Dad says I should ask ALOT of questions, but people tend to get annoyed... Ouch)

1.) Isn't it haram to force someone into marriage?
2.) Didn't Prophet Mohammed (SAW) say that if someone gets raped, the victim should NEVER be accused and that the RAPIST has to be killed?
3.) The man who kills in an honor killing cannot kill unless he knows for sure? (That's not really a question...)

Too much questions??

... So I need answers... I like answers.... Thank you all!!!   

Clearly what I think is that these men who arrange haram honor killings are making Islam look bad Cry, and most people tend to look at the bad side, instead of the good.

semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2011 at 2:17am
Asalamualykum, merhaba, konishiwa, ni hao, privet, gaea sou, hola, bonjour, ciao any language i forgot...-

I don't know if this is in the right placie things, so bear with me.

So.... I'm 13, and people tell me I think about things that most 13 year olds don't think about like: politics, science, different religions, yadda yadda yadda. Each week I've always got a new topic in my mind and this week it's on honor killings.

So I searched it up online (Me and Google are besties LOL), and the definitions I got were: When a male finds out that a female in his family has done immoral things such as: Stepping out of an arranged marriage, commiting adultry in or out of marriage and being raped (as a victim).

I also found out that Muslims make about 91% of all honor killings. 

So I have questions (My Dad says I should ask ALOT of questions, but people tend to get annoyed... Ouch)

1.) Isn't it haram to force someone into marriage?
Yes it is. We can force someone into anything, marriage, religion, political view, anything.

2.) Didn't Prophet Mohammed (SAW) say that if someone gets raped, the victim should NEVER be accused and that the RAPIST has to be killed?
Of course it is 100% wrong to accuse the victim, any victims including rape.

3.) The man who kills in an honor killing cannot kill unless he knows for sure? (That's not really a question...)
Anybody kills anybody unjustly/wrongly is a criminal. He/she has to be punished.

Too much questions??

... So I need answers... I like answers.... Thank you all!!!   

Clearly what I think is that these men who arrange haram honor killings are making Islam look bad Cry, and most people tend to look at the bad side, instead of the good.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2011 at 12:58pm
Brother Semar has answered the questions but I will just add the evidence from the Quran and Sunnah.

Quote 1.) Isn't it haram to force someone into marriage?
Yes it is. We can force someone into anything, marriage, religion, political view, anything.

From Sahih Bukhari:

"Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "A virgin should not be married till she is asked for her consent; and the matron should not be married till she is asked whether she agrees to marry or not." It was asked, "O Allah's Apostle! How will she(the virgin) express her consent?" He said, "By keeping silent." Some people said, "If a virgin is not asked for her consent and she is not married, and then a man, by playing a trick presents two false witnesses that he has married her with her consent and the judge confirms his marriage as a true one, and the husband knows that the witnesses were false ones, then there is no harm for him to consummate his marriage with her and the marriage is regarded as valid." (9:86:98)

Quote 2.) Didn't Prophet Mohammed (SAW) say that if someone gets raped, the victim should NEVER be accused and that the RAPIST has to be killed?
Of course it is 100% wrong to accuse the victim, any victims including rape.

From The Holy Quran:

"On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our messengers with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land.
The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter;" (5:32)

Quote 3.) The man who kills in an honor killing cannot kill unless he knows for sure? (That's not really a question...)
Anybody kills anybody unjustly/wrongly is a criminal. He/she has to be punished.

From Sunan Abu Dawud:

"Narrated Wa'il ibn Hujr: When a woman went out in the time of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) for prayer, a man attacked her and overpowered (raped) her. She shouted and he went off, and when a man came by, she said: That (man) did such and such to me. And when a company of the Emigrants came by, she said: That man did such and such to me. They went and seized the man whom they thought had had intercourse with her and brought him to her. She said: Yes, this is he. Then they brought him to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). When he (the Prophet) was about to pass sentence, the man who (actually) had assaulted her stood up and said: Apostle of Allah, I am the man who did it to her. He (the Prophet) said to her: Go away, for Allah has forgiven you. But he told the man some good words (AbuDawud said: meaning the man who was seized), and of the man who had had intercourse with her, he said: Stone him to death. He also said: He has repented to such an extent that if the people of Medina had repented similarly, it would have been accepted from them." (38:4366)
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

pure_columbian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pure_columbian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2011 at 5:48am
Hi

Can i just say "honour killings" are NOTHING to do with islam, its a cultural thing to do with the traditions and culturals for our ancestors before they became muslims. There is NO place whatsoever for such acts in Islam.
Unfortunately some muslims find it difficult to distinguish what is Islamic and what is a cutural/tranditional act which we have as yet not truly shaken off.

islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2011 at 2:57pm
I just realized I made an error.  The verses from the Quran should be for question #3 and the hadith from Sunan Abu Dawud should be for question #2.  Sorry for the error!
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

donna82d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donna82d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2011 at 6:00am
It is a cultural thing. Some cultures have traditions and beliefs that are part of their lives and do not belong to any religion.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2011 at 3:37pm
I agree its a cultural thing, where honor is put above belief and justice. Like many have mentioned above, killing is only through the way of justice, as life for life.
I only find the Bible (OT) to order honor killing.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 12 September 2011 at 3:39pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2012 at 3:53am
Honor Killings have no place in any culture it is pure madness.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic