IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Conspiracy Theories
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Honor Killings  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Honor Killings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Blackangel View Drop Down

Male Monotheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Honor Killings
    Posted: 24 March 2021 at 3:27pm
No honour in killing
adeeliqbal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adeeliqbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2017 at 8:03am
Honor killing is nothing in Islam. No one has right to kill someone.
Sammie123 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammie123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 1:29pm
I agree, there is no honor in killing unless it is a matter of self defense, then it can be justified.
lateefah2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lateefah2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2013 at 4:14pm
1.) It is haram to force somebody into marriage.
2.)The victim should not be accused, but the raper is supposed to get 100 lashes (Bukhari Hadith)

you have a point sister
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2012 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by starsandskies starsandskies wrote:

So I searched it up online (Me and Google are besties LOL)

I hate to say that we are rowing the same boat, though I am rowing Bing instead of Google. Big%20smile

I also found out that Muslims make about 91% of all honor killings.
I won't be surprise, since the muslim men think they are so honorable creatures. Or maybe they are just fragile creatures with not much to offer.
Poor creatures are highly emotional you know.

Isn't it haram to force someone into marriage?
The law is created for the good of the people. The forced marriage in the Qur'an between Zainab and Zaid ended in failure (33:37-38). This example was deliberately made for the people to see what happened when unwilling party were forced into marriage.

Didn't Prophet Mohammed (SAW) say that if someone gets raped, the victim should NEVER be accused and that the RAPIST has to be killed?
In the history of Islam dishonoring women is a biggie. Bring me a proven rapist, give me a gun and if no one willing to do it than I will do the termination myself.

The man who kills in an honor killing cannot kill unless he knows for sure? (That's not really a question...)

"And those who accuse honorable women but bring not four witnesses, scourge them (with) eighty stripes and never (afterward) accept their testimony - They indeed are evil-doers - (24:4)

It's a biggie.

iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2012 at 3:53am
Honor Killings have no place in any culture it is pure madness.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2011 at 3:37pm
I agree its a cultural thing, where honor is put above belief and justice. Like many have mentioned above, killing is only through the way of justice, as life for life.
I only find the Bible (OT) to order honor killing.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 12 September 2011 at 3:39pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

donna82d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donna82d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2011 at 6:00am
It is a cultural thing. Some cultures have traditions and beliefs that are part of their lives and do not belong to any religion.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic