IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need help with an issue  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help with an issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i am muslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help with an issue
    Posted: 27 August 2005 at 10:40am
Is smoking marijuana considered haram?
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 11:33am

Insha Allah I will check for a fatawa.

Anything that causes harm to our body is undesirable.

Maybe someone will come back to you before me

Salams

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2005 at 8:22am

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

Originally posted by i am muslim i am muslim wrote:

Is smoking marijuana considered haram?

Yes, it is haram. Since it is a kind of intoxicant.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2005 at 10:18am
Yes it most definetly is.  Anything that causes the least bit of harm, or more harm than good to your body is 100% forbidden (haram).  This includes smoking cigeretes, marijuana, etc, etc.
nullservant View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nullservant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2005 at 11:50am
Salam Brothers and Sisters

To be sure, that which distracts you from humble and submissive worship of Allah is a mighty sin.  If marijuana distracts you from Allah then it is Haram.  Remember, however, the story of Surah 66 wherein the Prophet was briefly guided to ban honey - and then unto him was revealed the truth - that he should make no such laws unless Allah forbade it directly.   This is a great lesson.

When you, my brothers and sisters, argue over such matters it causes me great pain, for I fear that in matters such as these there can be only the answer that you are given from Allah.

Some facts:
The Allah created marijuana

The use of Marijuana as a medicine was known and in practice in the fertile crescent at the time of the Prophet - if the Allah had chosen to make a statement regarding marijuana in his Holy Quran, it would have been easy to do so, and the ommission of this should give us - the humble servants of Allah - reason to reflect before we arrogantly pass judgement on those for whom this creation of Allah has been a blessing.  Many use Marijuana for their eyes, surely you would not tell them to go blind.

The active ingredients in marijuana are not yet fully known, however they are not "intoxicants" in that they are not "toxic" by any medical definition. 

The effects of Marijuana are not unlike those of chocolate, nor are they unlike the effects of coffee, or certain green teas.  We humble servants can not judge the possible effects the infinitely complex human creation.  All we know is that if anything distracts you from the Allah, it is sin, and to be avoided - however if it gives to you some pleasure and you are thankful to the Allah for its creation, it is not forbidden.

Praise Allah, and may guidance of the path be made certain in your heart.

It is very common for those of us who are weak to seek the advice of others around us for guidance, however this too may be Haram, as only the Allah may guide.  Please search your hearts and minds and souls before making judgement, and do not say things that you do not know "Marijuana is Haram" or "Marijuana is not Haram" since making such a statement is itself Haram - we mortals do not know what is the will of the Almighty outside of our own relationship to the Allah.

Peace upon all our brethren

Edited by nullservant
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nullservant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2005 at 11:56am
Salam - might as well add - it seems strange here where it appears the Noble Quran is cited to justify or corroborate animosity or a division among worshippers, where in fact no division exists.  What a puzzle this discussion is.  It makes no sense whatsoever.  I am not troubled by the sentiments presented here, so much as curious whether anyone is actually reading the same book.  The book I was given is called the Noble Koran.  It was translated into English by the Saudi Government.  Not only that, every day and night, and several times in the evening, and during midday, the Almighty Lord of the Universe strikes parables around and about, leading me on a straight path.  None of these paths have ever led me to fight, or hate, or judge, or speak with anything other than reverence to my fellow human regarding with mutual wonder as to the greatness of our world, and the infinite mercy of our existence. Indeed the very presence of the Noble Koran constitutes such a clear mercy. 

If the Allah has forbidden to you marijuana, then you should not consume marijuana.  If the Allah has forbidden to you maple syrup, for one reason or another, you should not consume maple syrup.  If the Allah has permitted to you more than one wife, or marijuana, or jihad, or tylenol, or prozac, or a car, or whatever fruit or gift of this earth, and you are able to enjoy it in greater worship of the Allah, is there some one who would dare say that it is not thus a gift of the Allah?  Is there one among you so bold as to intercede in another's worship of the Allah!?!?  You must be wicked liars and hypocrites then, if you would do such a thing.  Please leave these forums immediately, lest your hell become even greater.  This is a warning to all you who would take these words lightly, and pass on lies.  You who lie.  Run. 

The Allah gives a clear path.  When there are questions regarding how we are to behave in the world of illusion it is forbidden for us to worship other than the Allah.  This is the greatest sin that can exist.  Every other action that takes place under the sun is of no great thing, for they are all under the constant watch of the Allah, and if any of your insignificant actions mattered you would know about it by now.  Pay charity, fast, pray to the Allah, seek the Mercy of the Allah

may these words bring comfort to you, as they are given to me as a comfort
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2005 at 5:32pm
Well weed does not do the kind of harm that cigarette smoke
does, but it is a type of "intoxicant" but actucually marijuana is a
depressant which is really not good for you. It slows down you
reactive skills and your rational behavior. Plus its a drug that
can lead to other drugs. When we say of intoxicants we must
also align other things such as sodas, or anything that is
caffinated. But as others here ar saying it is haram and is not an
acceptable habit. i suggest not doing it
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nullservant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2005 at 12:23pm
It really would be nice if someone offered this fellow brother some sage advice - if you have a question about haram - ask Allah, and wait patiently for the response, that you will surely receive.  There's your final answer.  No, it is not a depressant, in neurophysiological terms, you who say that are not telling the truth and are seeking some other truth than that offered by the Allah. No, it does not lead to other drugs any more than breathing air leads to inhaling exhaust from cars and other pollutants - it is there, it is one of Allah's creations, and its illegality in many parts of the world should bring the contempt of good muslims everywhere, who would never imprison another muslim over their handlings of their body with relations to Allah.  The answer is, like all answers, one personally tailored for you from the Master.  That or be cursed like a herd of cattle who follow blindly in the path of others who (like those who respond without true knowledge) seek only to justify their own actions or inactions. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic