IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - second wife  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

second wife

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeer23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 12:57am

Rahma2r, rabbana yuwaffiquk

Salaam

kenski70 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenski70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2005 at 7:31am
 a while back my wife and i were watching  60 minutes and they had the story of one of these guys in utah and how hes trying to stay out of prison.anyway my wife looks at me and says "maybe thats what you need a second wife."my response "yea great plan that way i can have two brother-in-laws sleeping on my couch."
Sorry about that turn signal,I must have fallen asleep.
Moona View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 10:48am
I think the best thing to do,is to have conversations about this with first wife BEFORE you have found,and desire to marry a second wife. The first few time's my husband and I spoke of this,I was sad that he may in time,if he wanted,to marry a second wife. Then as time went by,I became more accostomed to the idea,and now,even welcome it.  My husband is very wise,and would only marry a good,kind,and gentle second wife,and would make sure that she is respectful,loving and kind to me.,and to him.I am older than he,and can not have children.I would welcome a second wife as my sister.
Moonie
Megatron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 2:29am
Yahya in LA.  From one Bros to another after reading you're comment, I'd just like to say a few things:

You're awesome and if I knew you personally I'd give you a high five.

Edited by Megatron
Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 3:21am

Yahya,

In islam, you do not have to marry legally, you can marry by doing Halal only. Your second wife will not get your name but you can recongnise your children.

I think you need to seek permission from your first wife to do so before going for it. You need to make sure both are happy and that you can afford both of them as well.

I suggest you seek the advise of an Imam before doing anything.

Salam brother,

Muslima

Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 7:39am
In Islam you are supposed to follow the legal laws of where you live. Therefor in a non Muslim country it is Illegal to marry more than one, you need to follow the LAWS where you live!!! Otherwise you give the Muslim communtiy the appearance of ignoring the law and trying to allways work around it. Please be responsible people!!
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 7:46am

Jenni,

I am sorry but if i want to marry a Muslim, I do not have to have a legal marriage. i can simply do Halal. Even if I am the only wife.

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 8:11am

Muslima,

In some states, polygamy can be prosecuted even if there is no legal marriage to the second wife.  Utah laws are set up that way.  I think Arizona, Idaho, and Nevada are too.  He can to a halal only marriage.  But he would be breaking the law in MOST states.  It would do neither wife any good for him to be in jail for breaking the anti-polygamy laws.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic