IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Aadam and Prophets before ’Eesa (Jesus)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aadam and Prophets before ’Eesa (Jesus)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 7:09pm
By the Way how humans have calculated time and history used
the Christian Calendar such as B.C (before Christ) and A.D
(after Death) as far as human history is concerned the
calculation of human history based on the advent of Jesus is
incorrect timetable because for example to say the Homo
Sapien came approx 100,000 B.C is not scientifically correct
because B.C implies at least some type of civilization usually
B.C refers to before the time of Christ but was also allocated to
some type of civilization/or person. But this is all my
understanding and from the professors of physics and biology
in which I studied under. this is why we use the term B.C.E
(Before Common Era) and C.E (Common Era)
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 7:32pm

Dear Israfil,

If I am not offending my christian brothers, I think, academicians have serious objections on the very advent and existance of Christ in this real world. According to them, there was no such person in entire human history with such traits as are usually ascribed to him by NT. So they were cautioned not to mix up the scientific arguments based on hypothetical (according to them) time frame of BC, so they started using B.C.E.

-ArabianKnight- View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ArabianKnight- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 7:38pm

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

By the Way how humans have calculated time and history used
the Christian Calendar such as B.C (before Christ) and A.D
(after Death) as far as human history is concerned the
calculation of human history based on the advent of Jesus is
incorrect timetable because for example to say the Homo
Sapien came approx 100,000 B.C is not scientifically correct
because B.C implies at least some type of civilization usually
B.C refers to before the time of Christ but was also allocated to
some type of civilization/or person. But this is all my
understanding and from the professors of physics and biology
in which I studied under. this is why we use the term B.C.E
(Before Common Era) and C.E (Common Era)

Actually Israfil, AD is Annos Domini, In the Year of the Lord, or somtimes in latin also appears as Anno Domini Nostri Jesu Christi, In the year of our Lord Jesus Christ.. etc..

But I just assumed  when He said Evolution as implying Spiritual evolution... you know?.. It does make sense.. people became more spirtually evolved when the Messiah (Jesus The Christ, Son of Mary) came...

But MOCKBA mentioning darwin in the same sentence - kind of throws that all off... hmm... very perplexing.. no?

THere Is no god, BUT GOD
and Adam was his First Messenger
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 8:11pm

The thread has developed into some chicanes. Appreciate all the inputs:

I was more interested in the importance attributed to Aadam, Noah, Solomon (peace be upon them all) by Christians. Are they disregarded as messengers of God? Are they religious... significant? Or are they mere members of those early civilizations that have not evolved completely both physically and spiritually as they lived before the advent of Jesus? Where was God, early then (from Christian perspective)?

MOCKBA

DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2005 at 5:24am
AhmadJoyia and Israfil - the human life of Jesus is well documented by
Jews, Romans, etc. As for Darwin, I doon't quite get the reference but
everything made by God changes. God even changed his own mind when
confronted by Muhummud about the times of salat.

As to Adam, Solomon, etc. they are of extreme importance but in
Christianity. Please remember the God the Father/Son/Holy Spirit is a
symbolic way of describing a single all powerful God.

In any event, direct questions and doubts are most welcome and are not
rude. Strict intellectual challenging of Christian dogma is a necessary
form of prayer.

DavidC (hopefully getting back on track)

Edited by DavidC
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2005 at 7:09am

Oh, I am sorry, my fault that I diverted from the main topic. So coming to the topic, I don't know if all the christian have the same perspective about the prophets before Jesus, but as I think the way the Bible (of course the OT) describe them all and how Bible (NT) then try to harmonize their description with the later development of christian theology, can be seen through famous Christian dogma. As I shall try to put it in words, plz do excuse me if I am wrong or mistaken in it.

Since all before Jesus sinned, everyone including Moses, Noah, etc, they all fall short of glory of God to remove the burdon of original sin from the mankind. Finally, God himself has to come down to earth to wash the burdon of original sin for the salvation of the mankind forever thereafter. Probably, it is in this perspective that your friend, Bro MOCKBA, is analogically correlating the final evolutionary state of humans. I would expect more thoughts on this from all directions. Cheers!

MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2005 at 7:22pm

Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

God even changed his own mind when
confronted by Muhummud about the times of salat.

Allow me to make important correction. The times and frequencies of salaat changed (and even that only within the context of miraj, the night journey, and not after they have been established) but i would not encourage going as far as attributing any changes to "God's mind".

It was not a confrontation, wet-market bargain sort, or a business negotiation kind in search of some consensus between the parties... it did not take the form of questioning Allaah and doubting His decision, as it did in the case of Iblis.  The unimaginable perfection of Allaah, who is al-Mutakkabbir - The Supreme in Greatness, is in no need of His creation advising Him on affairs... or correcting Him. For there is not a neutron of thought of which He is not aware of, be it in the future or in the past or in-between. It was, and is part of Allaah's plan, from which some deduce the humbleness of Muhammad (peace be upon him) others the Mercy and many other attributes of Allaah, the Most Merciful.   

Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

As to Adam, Solomon, etc. they are of extreme importance but in
Christianity.

I read it as they are NOT of importance. And therefore Christianity is not in complete disagreement with what today's science attempts to suggest: that life BC was mainly of neanderthal nature... both   spiritually and perhaps more earlier - physically. Makes one ponder over what was Aadam (peace be upon him) like... from Christian perspective. An incomplete human being? 

There are no intended traps, after all this is an Interfaith Dialogue. The question was as direct as I could think of at the moment. Perhaps it can develop into some specifics as there are more inputs, insha Allaah.   

MOCKBA

zulkharnain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zulkharnain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2005 at 2:00am

Jesus the son of Virgin Mary is a prophet of God

He preached the oneness of God very few people originally believed him. The jews in all became his enemies and they tried to kill him. He was raised to the heaven alive and shall appear once again alive befor the day of judgement. After this those who called them christians believed him to be God. But he shall die one day. God does not die, he was neither crated, born or shall die. He is not a human being. Jesus was born without a father, just like Adam without any parent!

Read Quran for details.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic