IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question For Open ( Debate For Christian  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question For Open ( Debate For Christian

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TheTruthisGod View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Orthodox Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheTruthisGod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question For Open ( Debate For Christian
    Posted: 29 August 2021 at 6:06pm
Doesn't the Quran also confess the virgin birth?

But it must be, that the fruit of undefiled wisdom fertilized by The Holy Spirit of Truth give birth to the incarnation of Truth. And though the world, which hates The Truth will do all it can to kill it, it is a futile thing. For The Truth rises again with all in the grave, trampling down death by death, and ressurecting all to the great judgment. That dreadful judgement, where The Light of Truth will be hellfire to those who abided in iniquity, but paradise to those who abided in Truth.

Jack Kim View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2021 at 10:49pm
The concept of virgin birth started from Jesus, however it is also important not to differentiate between religions. 
Muhammad Saad View Drop Down

Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muhammad Saad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 9:00pm
Paul had conflict with the apostles on theological issues.

Al Masihi View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Masihi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 2:09pm
The concept of Paul changing Christianity is baseless, there is zero solid evidence Paul changed Christianity.
yandex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yandex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2018 at 10:46pm
Paul (Bulus) is a Messenger in Islam

(so We reinforced them with a third,) means, `We supported and strengthened them with a third Messenger. ' Ibn Jurayj narrated from Wahb bin Sulayman, from Shu`ayb Al-Jaba'i, "The names of the first two Messengers were Sham`un and Yuhanna, and the name of the third was Bulus, and the city was Antioch (Antakiyah).

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1491&Itemid=
Niblo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niblo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2018 at 3:50pm
I've not read through all the posts, so please forgive me if someone has stated this already:

The doctrine of the 'immaculate conception' has nothing to do with the virgin birth. It is the notion that Mary was conceived without the 'stain' of original sin.

I can elaborate, if you wish.
Al Masihi View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Masihi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2018 at 9:24am
Paul never abolished the Old Law, the Old Law was never meant for Christians it was always meant as a temporary law for the children of Israel whose descendants are the Jewish people. Jesus came to fufill the law as the Jewish priests accused him of trying to change it he said I have not come to abolish the law but to fufill it which means Christ came to complete the Old Law. It was never abolished since it was never meant for Christians in the first place.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2017 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by IssaEl999 IssaEl999 wrote:

Ques ; How Does The Self Apointed  Saul , Shaool , Paul Justify Abolishing The Law ?

I know this question was asked many years ago, but interestingly I came upon it tonight, just after answering a Christian on this same subject earlier today.  Here was my address to them:

Paul's words in his letter to the Romans chapter 7:
am I suggesting that the law of God is sinful? Of course not! In fact, it was the law that showed me my sin. I would never have known that coveting is wrong if the law had not said, �You must not covet.
the law itself is holy, and its commands are holy and right and good.
Did the law, which is good, cause my death? Of course not!
14 So the trouble is not with the law, for it is spiritual and good. The trouble is with me, for I am all too human
22 I love God�s law with all my heart.

We are not told to dismiss the law.  Indeed without the law we would not know what sin is.
We should strive to follow the law, for it is a protection unto us,
however if we do fall into sin because of our human nature, there is a Savior, one Yshwe Messiah (known as Jesus the Christ) who can rescue us from the power of sin which causes us to disregard the law. 
It is our love of Christ (this sacrifice of God which showed His love for us) which gives us the power to follow the law and overcome sinfulness.  It does not dismiss the law.

The only law that was ever excused for the gentiles was the law of food
(Yshwe came to make it understood (by all) that God will judge, not by what we put into the body, for what we put into the body goes out in the draught... what matters is what is in the heart)
and of circumcision (though I believe most Christians follow the Jewish way and circumcise because it is good)...
All of God's laws are good (and for the good) of mankind... they preserve our health.
At the time of the early Christians though, these two things were a stumbling block to the gentiles keeping them from coming to know Christ, so Paul helped to understand that it was not these things which were important, but the coming to Christ with one's heart.

The thing we have been released from is 'the power of sin to use God's law against us', because we have the power of the Holy Spirit living within us to combat that power and to help us to follow God's law and avoid sinning.

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

asalaam and blessings,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic