IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Faith from the true heart...?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Faith from the true heart...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslamicGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Faith from the true heart...?
    Posted: 21 March 2005 at 7:41am

I've seen many women who cover their heads, yet back~bite, gossip, lie.  Men who go to mosques and prayer Juma on Fridays, then intoxicate themselves and cheat on their wife the following night... I mean what's up with that...?

I don't personally wear hijab, however.. I feel like when I see this sort of behaviour.. I feel more pure in my heart than these kinds of people.  I mean don't these individuals feel the least bit of guilt???

What do you think all?

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 8:18am

Islamic girl,

You will find all levels of faith in any religion.  Humans will be humans.  Allah gave us the guidance but He also gave us free will.

Qur'an 2:256 - Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects Evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks.  And Allah hears and knows all things.

Prophet Muhammad said:

"God does not judge according to your bodies and appearances but He scans your hearts and looks into your deeds."

"Powerful is not he who knocks the other down, indeed powerful is he who controls himself in a fit of anger."

In Islam we are all responsible for our own actions.  We are also urged to enjoin good and forbid evil.  Sometimes it is hard to know what to do or say when we see others doing harm to their own souls.  Perhaps a gentle reminder would help them; certainly prayer would.  In any case, don't let the perplexng actions of others steer you away from the straight path!  Allah knows best.

Peace, ummziba.

orhan_osmani View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orhan_osmani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 9:32am

Dear IslamicGirl,

I believe that you are better than them, I trust your words as you say. But you would be better if you cover yourself for the sake of love of Allah SWT and Muhammad SAWS. Because they have ordered you female ( because I am a male) by Sunnah and Qur'an. My wife does not wear Hijab - I would love her to wear it.  But even like this it is fine for me, I am just worried for her in the day of judgement. You, my wife and others cannot use an excuse your "better heart" to justify a sin. Allah SWT - might forgive them and you, but you have to do things of love for Him you have, and His Messenger SAWS.

You must have valid reasons why you are not covering yourself. Such as fear of being  abused, fear of not being employed, discrimination, etc. You might have an excuse, not strong but for me is valid as human. And Allah might accept it. I dont know - Allah Malik.

Wassalam,

Orhan

MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 7:54pm

Just because someone who wears hijaab involves herself in acts of indecency should not make others look at hijaab in a negative perspective, or not wearing hijaab in a positive way.

Similarly, one who prays regularly and is caught cheating on his wife should not be compared to one who does not pray regularly and is loyal to his spouse. It is not for us to decide which is better or weigh their wrongdoings.

When we leave judgement to Allaah, we tend to think more of our own shortcomings, rather than others'... and try to improve to the best we can. Each will have his own scroll to present before Allaah, and we all shall have ours.

May sinners and their acts of hypocrisy not discourage you from following the Straight Path. For this could be one of the ways the Shaitaan is trying to distract you... a'uthu billah!

MOCKBA

Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 9:42pm
Wearing hijab is not required for women in Islam is it?  I put emphasis on the word REQUIRED.  Meaning it's a SIN not to wear it.
IslamicGirl View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslamicGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2005 at 12:55am

Thank you for your very open responses to my topic all Brother's & Sisters.

Allah Hafiz!

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2005 at 3:47am

Dear knowledge01:

Yes hijab is required for women in Islam.  I believe all Islamic scholars are in agreement to this.  You can find all the proofs on just about any reliable site.  Yes, some women (and men) will argue that I am wrong, but I believe the evidence is on my side.

Many things that are required in Islam are not done by some people.  It is not up to us to judge them for that.  Allah gives us the criterion and with our free will, we choose to follow or not.  That is between Allah and ourselves.  Allah is merciful, most forgiving.

We should never judge others but we should also remember that it is not so important what they do or do not wear but rather how they act. 

Prophet Muhammad (pbum) said: "Allah does not judge according to your bodies and appearances but He scans your hearts and looks into your deeds."

I do have the utmost respect for sisters who do choose to wear hijab (and act accordingly), it is not an easy decision, especially in non-Muslim countries.

And Allah knows best.

Peace, ummziba.

mail2aamir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mail2aamir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2005 at 5:14am

Asslamo alekum to all,

The topic is sensitive and yet needs to be dealt with urgency in current scenarios.

Well, a simple answer may be: All communities have black sheep in them. So if any one raises this question/topic in future (like saying that your Imam comes to my apartment to booze on Friday nights), do not feel agitated or humilated.

We have to make ourself understand that religion should not be judged based on what individual muslim do or what muslim community does.

To judge a religion we need to compare and study its Revelation, Glorious Quran in our case. OR if need to use human as an example then use the best example, that of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH).

Nevertheless, it has to be born in mind that it is our duty to guard our religion. We have to keep ourself (in our own individuality) to the Path of Righteousness.

But never forget to councel the once who are on the incorrect road.

The perception that we build of another human is solely based on his/her present. We dont know what had been the type of upbringing for that person.

So, invite (and yourself be), on patience and keep persevering. And Allah has made so easy for us by repeating this in Quran several times.

Hope I was able to put some light on the topic in my first ever message on this site.

Allah Hafiz

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic