IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Business; Muslims against Muslims  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Business; Muslims against Muslims

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beyan44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Business; Muslims against Muslims
    Posted: 13 August 2005 at 9:24am

I work with Muslim brother in a business that he started. He is young, 25. He has not been in this country long{USA}. He works very hard and is trying to make a life for hisself. He has helped many people, asking for nothing nor blowing trumpets. Allah used him to change my life. This young man is not rich he is just starting. Working 17hrs a day 7 days a week to save money in his first year in the USA.Now a rich Muslim brother has moved in across the street to open the same business but larger. He is very rich. He had told us not to worry he was going to put a pizza place there now he is going to open a store like we have. It will be hard for us to survive. This just seems wrong. Muslims seem to be the worst enemy for other Muslims.

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 10:13am
He has the right to open..no enemy...share the place as recommened in Qur'an..
Beyan44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beyan44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 6:37am

Of course he has the right this is America. He can also sleep with women unmarried, have sex with men if he chose,and drink and gamble if he likes. I'm talking about ethics. To intentionally drive another brother out of business is not in the Holy Quran. Why would he also tell us one thing and do another.  It would be nice to share but in business , one dies one lives. The man should have been honest.

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 6:40am
Issue should be searched, may Allah both will give you the power to survive...
Beyan44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beyan44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 7:15am
Of course, maybe my words were harsh, I am new to Islam. This is just not what I have learned of Islamic brotherhood. I have met a couple of very good brothers. When they help me they will not even accept money. It is the will of Allah, and I must accept it with faith so I may learn the lesson Allah has to teach or show. All glory to Allah!
mojavaid36 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mojavaid36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2005 at 4:15am
Surely this man accross the road has as much right to open a business as the other? Did the prophet not trade on behalf of his beloved wife Khadija? Do you honestly think that he was the only trader in Arabia? I think not. It is stated accross many hadith that the prophet was fair in his deals and so won the business of many buyers. The question is of morals. Will the man accross the road deal fairly? If he does then its all good.
Beyan44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beyan44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2005 at 6:38am

Each day I wake up I start with the intention of trying to live my life as to please Allah. This makes me an idealist, for in this world it is not always easy. Yet, I continue. If I were a millionaire I just don't think I could open my business to encroach on a young brother starting out. This city has more buildings in other places. But that is me. It is the will of Allah and that is that. We are very blessed to have this forum where brothers can help each other understand and accept the will of Allah. Thank you all.   Assalam Alaykum

firewall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2005 at 10:12pm
hi! i think that happens in business.
check out this business  competition Pandii vs Pandii
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic