IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hijab,how does it feel?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hijab,how does it feel?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serrrendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hijab,how does it feel?
    Posted: 13 March 2011 at 11:46am
Salam, hello, I'm a non-Muslim female who has always been curious about Isalm. I'm wondering how it feels to wear the hijab, especially as a revert for the first time?. I'm trying to learn more about Islam, possibly with a view to reverting. I've read discussion about the hijab many times. I'm wondering how it feels to wear it?. How does it feel removing a part of oneself from public view? and did your social interactions change?. Thanks

S
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 10:39pm
Salam/Peace.

Welcome, hoep you enjoy your stay.
Some ladies on this forum may share their feelings about it.

Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Moly View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 1:33am
Salam Alikum

Well it feels special that you feel you are not for general view to all ppl. I have been wearing it for 8 years now, I dont feel socially shut away.. and by time you will feel it isbecoming part of you....

Salam
haniyyya View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haniyyya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2011 at 2:34am
hi.... when i was 9 my dad forced me to wear a scarf when i would go to school i hated this but had no choice otherwise my dad was going to beat me i would enter the gates of school imbaraced and the only muslim girl ppl stared at me this made me feel ashamed i was forced to wear it for three years later i got use to it it was like part o my flesh i began to love it just like that and whenever the school kids threatened to pull it off i would cry and feel so hurt i wore a trouser to school not a skirt so that was a start when i turned 13 i was told to wear hijaab so i wore it and whenever i would go out i felt shy but as the years went by again i got used to it now to hell with what everybody thinks i love my scarf and hijaab and i will wear it even if im the only one i just simply cannot live without it honestly hijaab makes me feel humble whenever im sad or upset even if im in the house i put on my hijaab and it makes me feel better its like lighting up a cigarette and then feeling at ease because of it ,,,, alot of my friends felt imbarassed when i would go out with them coz of my hijaab so i told them straight i dont like you anymore your not a true friend if you dont accept my hijaab and i ended alot of so called friendships, i got so use to hijaab i began feeling comfortable sleeping with it ,,,,
still.learning View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote still.learning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2011 at 7:53am
I love the Hijab!

Although about the first month wearing it it was not smooth sailing
Since i reverted to Islam when i was 18 in a western country people were "Shocked" i was covering myself up because i had a body and hair woman would "die" for.
haha...

Personally
The hijab make me comfortable, like i have Islam wrapped all around me.
It reminds me I am a muslim.
I have a husband and i dont want others looking at me. I love my husband. I love Islam.
My body is my business.

Socially
I hated it. Children looked at me, teens my age looked and laughed and pointed, middle aged men are the worst, staring, gawking, rude old men.

but then I think, they are looking at my hijab, not my hair, neck, shoulders nothing. and that made me happy, more confident.

Islam gives woman a VOICE, not a "body"

azizah nich View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azizah nich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 6:54am
salam !!!!!
it really feels special and descent after ur used it , if one understands wat faith means then she wd nt go in for what the public wd say hence deen says or the quarn chap 24:31 states "and tell the believing women to lower their gaze and protect their private parts and not to show off their adornment except that which is apparent.........." really their is a reward for that in paradise. sometimes its not abt wat u feel but doing the right thing.

thanks !!!!!!
seeja View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seeja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 4:51am

Asslamu Alaikum

Muslim women are enjoined to "draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty" except in the presence of their husbands, other women, children, eunuchs and those men who are so closely related to them that they are not allowed to marry them

seeja View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seeja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 4:54am

The term Hijab, includes not only dress and covering the body, but methods of behavior before members of the same and/or opposite sex, promoting privacy for females and prohibiting loose intermingling between males and females, and thereby encouraging modesty, decency, chastity and above all, respect and worship of Allah.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic