IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets - Jesus
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question If I May  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedQuestion If I May

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 11:52am
Originally posted by IssaEl999 IssaEl999 wrote:

Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

You are now getting into petty semantics.  There is no difference if you use the English word or the Arabic.  Of course, it is preferred to say Allah, but one does not need to be so obsessive in the matter.  Allah (swt) does not concern Himself with such meaningless semantics and He certainly does not want us to waste our time on such matters.   

By the way, what faith do you follow?  Are you a Deist?

As Salaaamu Alaykum Islamispeace
 I Have Been Reading Some Of Your ( Post's ) I Knew You Would Come Up With Some Type Of Exuse , And Now You Want To Speak For Allah , You Should Do More Research  And Less Complaning ..

LOL To Answer You Question , Faith Is One Thing Knowing Is  Another , You May Have Faith In Your Cart , But Not Know The Wheel Is Loose ''

Read Below

This is typical ad-hominem style attacks from a person who does not know how to debate.  Many of the people I talk to resort to this!  Big%20smile  Instead of keeping on topic, they divert and resort to meaningless attacks.  

I have been reading your responses too.  Most of them are incoherent ramblings which go on and on until I get bored and go to another thread.  You need to learn how to articulate your ideas and get to the point without making endless posts.  LOL

You also did not answer my question.  You are clearly not a Muslim or Christian.  So what are you?  I ask because it will help me to know where your ideas are coming from.   
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 11:59am

Ques; What The Meaning Of The Word '' Allah '' And Where Did It Come From ? islamispeace

It means "The God" in Arabic.  It is how God refers to Himself in the Quran.  It existed in pre-Islamic Arabia and was also known to Arabic Jews and Christians.  We even know of a Christian inscription from 512 CE which refers to Allah (swt):

http://www.islamic-awareness.org/History/Islam/Inscriptions/zebed.html
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

IssaEl999 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 12:20pm

You are now getting into petty semantics.  There is no difference if you use the English word or the Arabic.  Of course, it is preferred to say Allah, but one does not need to be so obsessive in the matter.  Allah (swt) does not concern Himself with such meaningless semantics and He certainly does not want us to waste our time on such matters.   

By the way, what faith do you follow?  Are you a Deist?

As Salaaamu Alaykum Islamispeace
 I Have Been Reading Some Of Your ( Post's ) I Knew You Would Come Up With Some Type Of Exuse , And Now You Want To Speak For Allah , You Should Do More Research  And Less Complaning ..

LOL To Answer You Question , Faith Is One Thing Knowing Is  Another , You May Have Faith In Your Cart , But Not Know The Wheel Is Loose ''

Read Below

This is typical ad-hominem style attacks from a person who does not know how to debate.  Many of the people I talk to resort to this!  Big%20smile  Instead of keeping on topic, they divert and resort to meaningless attacks.  

I have been reading your responses too.  Most of them are incoherent ramblings which go on and on until I get bored and go to another thread.  You need to learn how to articulate your ideas and get to the point without making endless posts.  LOL

You also did not answer my question.  You are clearly not a Muslim or Christian.  So what are you?  I ask because it will help me to know where your ideas are coming from.   

You Know Whenever I Hear People Like YourSELF Ask What Is One Faith / Belief , It Because They're Looking For Away To Attacks Their Faith / Belief's / Resource Etc . This Is A Old Trick . This Is Because They Play This Game My God Is Better Then Your God . And 95 % Of Them Know Nothing Of Their Own Scriptues . They Also Come Up With All Type Of Excuses Like You Doing Now . 
El's Holy Qur'aan , States In Chapter 17 ; 81 , '' And Say ; Truth Has ( Now ) Arrived , And Falsehood Perished ; For Falsehood Is ( By Its Nature ) Bound To Perish (81 ) .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic