IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets - Jesus
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question If I May  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedQuestion If I May

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question If I May
    Posted: 10 March 2011 at 8:52am
Does The Qur'aan Tell The Muslims To Read The Christian Bible ?
El's Holy Qur'aan , States In Chapter 17 ; 81 , '' And Say ; Truth Has ( Now ) Arrived , And Falsehood Perished ; For Falsehood Is ( By Its Nature ) Bound To Perish (81 ) .
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2011 at 11:58am
Originally posted by IssaEl999 IssaEl999 wrote:

No.  The Quran came to confirm the truth of the previous revelations and refute the falsehood which had been added to it by humans.  The Quran and the Sunnah are our sources for all things, not the Bible.

Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

IssaEl999 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2011 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

No.  The Quran came to confirm the truth of the previous revelations and refute the falsehood which had been added to it by humans.  The Quran and the Sunnah are our sources for all things, not the Bible.

As Salaaamu Alaykum - Islamispeace , Are You Sure ?
El's Holy Qur'aan , States In Chapter 17 ; 81 , '' And Say ; Truth Has ( Now ) Arrived , And Falsehood Perished ; For Falsehood Is ( By Its Nature ) Bound To Perish (81 ) .
IssaEl999 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2011 at 1:50pm
Allah has repeatedly told us in His words that He does not lie . Therefore , we can trust Him . Allah and His words are one . Would a true believer dare to question the truthfulness and faithfulness of Allah ? Everytime the words Allahu Akbar ( Allah ) is Most Magnifcent ) are repeated , we affirm that Allah is not only greater than men , but that He is also different from men Human beings lie ; Allah never lies . He never has and He never will . Allah has communicated with man since the time before the Prophet Adam was cast out of the Garden . He has revealed His will and His purpose through the Prophet and the Scriptures . To the Prophet / Apostle Moses , He gave the Torah - At Tawraah );

Al Qur'aan ( The Koran ) 114 Books Of Ahmad ( The Prophet / Apostle Muhammad 5 ; 44 In Part Revealed 625 - 629 A.D.
'' Surely we ( Allah And His Angelic Beings ) sent down The Toran in which is true guidance and light .

Al Qur'aan ( The Koran ) 114 Books Of Ahmad ( The Prophet / Apostle Muhammad 6 ; 154 In Part Revealed 621 A.D.
'' Then we ( Allah And His Angelic Beings ) gave Moses the Scripture ( Torah ) A complete law upon him who does what's Best and it ( The Torah ) . is detailing everything ( Given Us All The Laws ) .

Al Qur'aan ( The Koran ) 114 Books Of Ahmad ( The Prophet / Apostle Muhammad 11 ; 17 Revealed 622 A.D.
Is he ( Those Who Conceal What They Know To Be The Truth ) To be cassified as am equal with him who has clear proof from his Sustainer ( Allah ) And a witness from it ( Al Qur'aan ) Recites it and from before it ( Al Qur'aan ) Was a Scriptures of Moses ( The Torah ) As an example and a yielding mercy ( That We Are To Use The Torah As An Example ) These are they who have faith by way of it ( The Torah ) And As To Him Who Conceals What He Know To Be True from the clan so they are promised an appointment with the fire . So Muhammad don't you have any doubt about ( The Scriptures ) For surely it ( Al Qur'aan ) Is A Fact Beyond Any Doubt and from your ( Muhammad ) Sustainer , But most of the people don't have true faith . .

The Prophet / Apostle Moses received 613 commandments , not 10 , as it is taught , If you do not believe me , you can refer to the book of '' Jewish Knowldge '' , it says that the 613 Commandments , and Ordinances were of the Rabbinic Sages . These ordinances contained the laws of sanctity and the Ceremony of the Priesthood . The Prophet / Apostle Moses also recorded the terms of the covenants made with the Prophet before him , such as the Prophet Adam , The Prophet / Apostle Noah , The Prophet / Apostle Moses Abraham , The Prophet / Apostle Ishmael , The Prophet / Apostle Isaac , and Jacob . He recorded the spiritual meaning of the Covenant Allah made eith Israel ( twelve tribes ) . The Prophet / Apostle Ishmael ( 1992 - 1855 B.C.E. ) Received the covenant of '' The '' Flesh '' Circumsion / The Prophet / Apostle Issa ( 1978 - 1798 B.C.E. ) Received the The Covenant Of The Promise '' Prophethood . Jacob ( Israel ) In The Book Of Genesis , Jacob Spoke Of A Prophet Who Would Rise Up From The Midst Of His Brethren And Who Would Be Like The Prophet / Apostle Moses .

More In Next Post
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2011 at 2:37pm

Walaikum as-salaam.  Yes, I am 100% sure.  Why would Allah (swt) want us to read the Bible which states that He is a trinity and that the prophet Lot (pbuh) had sex with his daughters?  As I said, the Quran and Sunnah are our sources, not the Bible. 

Edited by islamispeace - 12 March 2011 at 2:37pm
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

IssaEl999 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2011 at 5:55pm

Walaikum as-salaam.  Yes, I am 100% sure.  Why would Allah (swt) want us to read the Bible which states that He is a trinity and that the prophet Lot (pbuh) had sex with his daughters?  As I said, the Quran and Sunnah are our sources, not the Bible. 

As Salaaamu Alaykum - Islamispeace

According To The Above Post Allah Most Ghorified And Exalted Says You Should , According To Bukhari (64 ) Narrated Muhammad Had Sex With Aisha Bint Abu Bakr , So What Your Point With Lot . My Question Was About Muslims Reading The Bible Not Who Had Sex With Who .

IssaEl999 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2011 at 6:03pm
Another Question For You If I May .  Islamispeace . Why Do Muslims Call  Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta ' Ala  ( God ) ?
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 7:39am
Hello IssaE999

A day before, was posting for you about muslims reading bible, for about half an hour. But then there was something wrong with my UPS and b.cos of power failure all that i typed was lost. I had to say, "Inna lillahi wainna ilaihi rajioon". Anyways, to write back again

I thought you shall present 10:94 part of the Qur'an, which of the christians missionaries present as proof that muslims are permitted to study Bible and Torah. Anyways, Islam does n't permit us to study those revealed Books and to believe in it. There are many ayaat in Qur'an which state that those Books were distorted and altered. We muslims are to follow the Final Book {word of Allah i.e Qur'an} FOR GUIDANCE. Am sorry that i cud not share the reference to you from Qur'an right now, but if you wish, surely shall share it to you}

On the whole we muslims are not allowed to study or refer these Books {Torah and Injeel} for the purpose of guidance. But few scholars allow to refer these books for dawah purposes. That is, the easiest way to prove a point to a person who believes in the Bible is to make reference to the Bible.

Edited by seekshidayath - 14 March 2011 at 7:41am
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic