IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The seven heavens and the ascension  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The seven heavens and the ascension

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 1:55pm
Well perhaps you can tell since Surah 17 (The Night Journey)refers to Muhammad whose is the servant of Allah. Obviously when this Surah was revealed to Muhammad it was also revealed along w ith his vision in the Night Journey. Now if you are you looking for specifics then I can list those as well.
Apple Pie View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apple Pie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 3:13pm

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Well perhaps you can tell since Surah 17 (The Night Journey)refers to Muhammad whose is the servant of Allah. Obviously when this Surah was revealed to Muhammad it was also revealed along w ith his vision in the Night Journey. Now if you are you looking for specifics then I can list those as well.

We are looking for Islam's "prophets" name in this sura...

Where is it....?

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 9:54pm

So you are looking for  "Muhammad" in this Surah, well the name does not appear but it does mention the night journey in which ahadith speaks of:

"Narrated Jabir bin �Abdullah that he heard Allah�s Apostle saying, "When the people of Quraish did not believe me (i.e. the story of my Night Journey ), I stood up in Al-Hijr and Allah displayed Jerusalem in front of me, and I began describing it to them while I was looking at it." Bukhari vol.5:226 p.142"

During the Night Journey: When I [Mohammed] left him (i.e. Moses) he wept. Someone asked him, �What makes you weep?� Moses said, �I weep because after me there has been sent ( as Prophet ) a young man whose followers will enter Paradise in greater numbers than my followers.� Bukhari vol.5:227 p.146

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic