IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - death of solar system and Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

death of solar system and Islam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rememberallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: death of solar system and Islam
    Posted: 22 November 2010 at 11:24pm
sun the red giant.
sun's death and qayamat {judgement day}.
Stars come in various sizes and according to their temperature they are divided by "Hertzsprung Rusell" in 7 categories o, b, a, f, g, k, m. hottest being o and coldest being m. sun is a yellowish white type g-main sequence.
Since stars are different they also die differently
1-Supernova - stars explode releasing unimaginable energy and destroying star completely.
2-Red giant - stars of up to 8 times the mass of sun expand to unimaginable size. a stars life is a struggle between gravity which pulls star inwards and nuclear reactions that push it outward but when star uses up 12% of its total hydrogen this stability ends and core starts to shrink as hydrogen fusion is not enough to balance it, but at same time its surface starts expanding as there is still hydrogen in its outer layers and rate of nuclear reaction increases in them as contracting core produces heat and its surface swells 100s of times but its temperature falls only to mere 3000` C and the star is now a red giant and to compare it with our present sun is like comparing jumbo jet to a pen.
Our sun too would become a red giant and its intense heat will boil off oceans and bake the earth dry. One of the examples of red giant is Betelegeuse, if it is put in our solar system its surface would be beyond Mars�s orbit. The sun will be much smaller in its red giant phase but scientists say it will surely swallow earth and moon.
Man thought sun is everlasting but truth is it will die, which science tells us today but Quran revealed to an illiterate man in 7th century Arabia proclaiming it to be a word of God informs us it will die and also how it will die 1400 yrs ago!!
Quran{75:7-12}"when the sun and moon are bought together, on that day will man exclaim where to flee? On that day the journeys end will be",
Quran{81:1-6}"when the sun with its spacious light is folded up and when the stars loose their light and when the seas boil over with a swell"
 Quran{13:2}�he has appointed the sun and moon to his law and each one runs it course for a term appointed".
Quran{18:8}"verily what is on earth we will make it as dust and dry soil",
also there are many statements in Hadith ie sayings of the prophet which make the concept clear-
"Miqdad bin Aswad reported the God�s prophet saying the sun would draw so close to men on day of ressurection that there will be only one mile distance"-Hadith in Muslim and Tirmizi.
There are other Hadith that say that when God will start questioning men, the sun will be just a few meters above men�s head, all indicating at an expanding sun, people will want death and they will not get, but good people will be under mercy of God.
So we see the concept of sun's death in Islam is connected to end of earth and the judgment day when all humans will be resurrected and strikingly it is exactly in a way that science has discovered today- that sun will expand hugely, oceans will boil, earth will be baked dry and sun will eat up moon and then eat up earth while it will not be as bright as today but a dull red ball with just 3000` C temperature and not millions of degrees as today. Islam also warns man, informing man that at that time your God, your Creator will raise you up again like he made you the first time, for the sake of taking account.
 Hope this will enlighten you to read Quran, I don�t say its correct, though i know it is, well that�s why i have written it here, I say why don�t you go and check it yourself?

The whole world is like Hazrat Umar but no one is like his sister and brother in law.
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 10:47am
Once again, the Quran, like the Bible is not a science book.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
rememberallah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rememberallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 4:29am
my brother you are right they are not but they do contain scientific info.
loke i was reading a motivational book and it had anecdotes of bussinesmen, the book is not on strategies of business, but on motivation.
so is the case with Quran.
point is the info of Quran is shocking and miraculous.
The whole world is like Hazrat Umar but no one is like his sister and brother in law.
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2010 at 10:30am
And again, I think it's totally great that you read books about cosmology and astrophysics. To me the greatness of God is shown by the way He created the natural laws. Are you aware of what would happen if they are slightly modified?

Here's a great book you might be interested in

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_Jackpot

And if you have any questions about science in general or physics, just ask. I love astrophysics.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
rememberallah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rememberallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 5:38am
hey thanks matt i really appreciate it.
will surely ask you.
thanks for the link.
truly natural laws, creation of God, world around universe is ample proof for the one who has eyes.
qazi rehan View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qazi rehan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2011 at 6:02pm
Mr. Matt what do you think what was the progress of science 1400 years ago , was that possible that any scientist of that time can predict such thing or imagine to think such think, and no one can challenge about the authenticity of Holy Quran because it has no other version. If you needed i'll send you a complete videos on it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic