IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Role of atmosphere and Quran  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Role of atmosphere and Quran

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rememberallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Role of atmosphere and Quran
    Posted: 22 November 2010 at 11:19pm
Our earth's atmosphere plays so many roles that it is not possible to discuss all of them here, what is possible is to tell the conclusions the scientists reach about the atmosphere.
How The Earth Works - Pg 149
"Our entire planet is cocooned by a thin blanket of gases which we call atmosphere. Without this thin layer, which is no thicker on the earth than a skin is on an apple, OUR WORLD WILL BE AS LIFELESS AS THE MOON. It gives us the air we need to breath, it blesses us with a ready supply of clean water to drink, it keeps us warm, at the same time it shields us from the harmful rays of the sun and hundreds of meteorites that come charging towards us."
This one paragraph tells only some of the important roles atmosphere plays in preserving and protecting us.
We got to know this scientific fact only in the modern times and there was no way any man could point towards this role of the sky in the dark ages........or was there ???  No, you will find there wasn�t.
Quran {21:32} -
"We made the sky a preserved and protected roof yet still they turn away from our signs"
Quran repeats this fact over and over again at many places!
There was only one being who could know this and that was it's creator who made it, who revealed in Quran so many scientific miracles - The God.

The whole world is like Hazrat Umar but no one is like his sister and brother in law.
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 8:58pm
once again, rememberallah, "We made the sky a preserved and protected roof yet still they turn away from our signs" is a relatively generic statement.  It can mean and has been interpreted to mean any number of things.  I would like to hear your version and why you think it means what you say it means.
rememberallah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rememberallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 4:00am
you said - "We made the sky a preserved and protected roof yet still they turn away from our signs" is a relatively generic statement
my comment - i will give a generic statement on earth's atmosphere with science in background "earth's atmosphere plays a protective role and preserves life on earth" juxtaposed with generic statement of Quran {21:32} -"We made the sky a preserved and protected roof yet still they turn away from our signs"
hope this will help my brother
may peace be on you
The whole world is like Hazrat Umar but no one is like his sister and brother in law.
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 6:24pm
rememberallah, in keeping with your format I will give a generic statement on Earth's atmosphere with nonsense as the background "earth's atmosphere is really a giant's house and it's roof preserves and protects us and the giant from a rain of purple Martians" juxtaposed with generic statement of Quran {21:32} -"We made the sky a preserved and protected roof yet still they turn away from our signs".  Don't you think it strange how the Quran could mean what you say or it could mean any number of other things?  The difference is you are choosing to insert scientific meaning and I am choosing to insert nonsense.  The question is why?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rememberallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 6:17am
my brother schmikbob
but your "nonsense" is "nonsense" and science is not that there is a giant house etc. Quran does not have nonsense but the fact, just the fact,  which does fit science.
i think now have i got your question "why?"  why i am doing so is to enlighten people, that such an old book, that claims to be of God, actually which should be filled with nonsense is actually not....but is filled with facts!!! facts which fit science.
why is it my brother schmikbob that you have to make a "nonsense background" and not just quote a nonsense from Quran?  truly there is guidence only for those who do charity and also give thought.
may God guide all,
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2010 at 6:39pm

The point, rememberallah, which you have failed to grasp, is that the suras you are quoting can be interpreted to mean virtually anything.  You and I have both translated then to mean different things.  Surely you can understand this.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rememberallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2010 at 5:10am
then my brother it is possible for everything to be interpreted in anyway, even your comments can be interpreted in any way. the thing is that i get what you mean to say, Quran is book of God and God is speaking about his creation, thus what he has spoken will always be compatible with true scientific facts. what scientists discover - God knows beforehand.
point is i do get what you mean, i do get what my mother means, my friends mean, and i do get what my God means when he says something. i do not interpret them wrong. point is who understands, many things are very clear in Quran.
may peace be on you
i hope you dont feel that i reply to you in argument, brother i don't, i reply to you in order to discuss.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic