IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Creation of solar system and Quran.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Creation of solar system and Quran.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2010 at 7:01am
rememberallah, you have touched on the science behind the formation of the Earth and you have quoted from the Quran where it addressed the Earth.  What you haven't shown is the "miracle" relating the two.
rememberallah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rememberallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2010 at 1:21pm
my brother the miracle  is that 1400 yrs ago no man could have said such a thing and rhat too an illitrate man, such a thing is a miracle. 
The whole world is like Hazrat Umar but no one is like his sister and brother in law.
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 8:53am

rememberallah, once again, you are attaching far too much significance to the word "smoke/smokey".  You say it refers to the appearance of nebulae.  Why?  You are attaching far too much significance to the words "come ye together".  You say it refers to the gravitational forces at work in the cosmos.  Why?  What possible causative link could there be that indicates these words mean what you say they mean and not something entirely different and more probable.

Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 10:33am
Doesn't it make more sense to treasure the Quran because it can help find meaning in our lives and give us guidance how to live together in peace? The universe, galaxies, the nature of stars, stellar nebulae, the formation of the solar system was not well understood at the time the Quran was written.

I think it's great that are so keen to deepen your knowledge of cosmology and astrophysics, but please keep in mind that the Quran is not a science book. I don't understand the connections you are trying to make and I can't see the correlations and causative links.

Edited by Matt Browne - 28 November 2010 at 10:33am
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rememberallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 10:08am
@ schmikbob - my brother the answer to your why is that God created this universe and God revealed the Quran. i am not attaching significance, the point is it is talking of same phase...read carefully "SAME PHASE" of creation of sun/earth and the description is same of science and Quran. science says "unknown causes" Quran says "We did it"
hope this will help.
@ matt browne - you said - Doesn't it make more sense to treasure the Quran because it can help find meaning in our lives and give us guidance how to live together in peace?
my reply - my brother i agree with you completely all this is crap if we do not receive guidence from Quran, live in peace etc. for i lay more emphasis on that eg. see my posts in Quran and sunnah section on "God's cause" etc. and khilafat in world politics section. if we do not walk on that we are no good at all.
i am surprised that you can't see, otherwise people are able to see it instantly. Quran is talking about the phase of earth formation which was forming according to science when solar system was forming, the picture it draws of the creation is strikingly same - nebulae is like smoke only in appearance/composition as it contains gasses {see any pictures of nebulae, google them} gas n matter start collapsing due to unknown reason = we said to it {smoke} and to the earth {matter} come ye together.
point is it is talking of "SAME PHASE" 
may peace be on you.
The whole world is like Hazrat Umar but no one is like his sister and brother in law.
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 9:27pm
Matt, can you help me here.  I am apparently unable to communicate with rememberallah.  It's either that my communication skills are terrible or he is simply is too invested in this whole scientific Quran stuff to ever see the truth even if it keeps hitting him in the face.  I think it might be the latter which is really too bad because this sort of thing just keeps getting in the way of real dialogue. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rememberallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 6:02am
peace be on you schmikbob. 
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2010 at 1:47pm
"Smoke" could refer to a geasous climate as in the constant bombardment of meteroids filled with oxygen, hydrogen or some other elimate that has provided earth with life creating elements. Anyway, I believe that it may be arguably possible some omnipotent deity created the earth, but I also think its arguably possible some non-existent deity didn't either.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic