IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Creation of solar system and Quran.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Creation of solar system and Quran.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rememberallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Creation of solar system and Quran.
    Posted: 22 November 2010 at 5:59am
star formation-sun's birth, earth's birth.
"despite the fact that the universe is so uniform and homogeneous on a large scale, it contains local irregularities such as stars {planets} and galaxies, these are thought to have developed from small differences in density of early universe from one region to another. what was the origin of these density fluctuations ???" - pg128 brief history of time by Stephen Hawking.
Science has not been able to find the reasons for these density fluctuations. the local irregularities like galaxies {galaxy is a collection of billions of stars and there are billions of galaxies} stars and planets. Our sun is just one star of about 100,000 million stars of our Milky Way galaxy and has 8 planets, our earth being the third from sun.
Scientists have found that the stars and planets are formed in nebulae, nebulae is a Latin word meaning cloud or mist, but actually there is no cloud or mist but concentration of gas and dust which is often so thick that visible light can't penetrate it.
One might think here if visible light can�t penetrate nebulae then how did we study them ??? The answer is that 20th century scientists discovered infrared and radio waves and developed instruments that used these waves to study nebulae as they can pass through them to look deeper in them.
After years of research we have discovered that "all stars and planets are born out of gas and dust clouds. The birth is triggered by unknown causes which make the gas and dust start collapsing on itself "-pg37 inside stars by Biman Basu.
eg. of nebulae-the great Orion nebula, the Trifid nebula etc.
Repeating two things from the 2 quotations I have given above "what was the origin of these density fluctuations" {brief history of time} and "the birth is triggered by unknown causes� {Inside stars}
I would want you to read these verses of Quran-{41:11}-"say it is you who deny him??? He turned to the sky and it was as smoke, He said to 'it' {the smoke} and to the 'earth' come ye together willingly or unwillingly !!! they said we come together in willing obedience"
here we know the reason of the "density fluctuation" the "unknown cause" that it was The God who commanded the collapse and who could had told this 1400 yrs ago ?? the Quran claims it is from God and we have no choice but to accept its claim.
just to be sure I will compare-
Quran 41:11    Birth of planets and stars
"Say it is you who deny him? He turned to the sky and it was as smoke    stars and planets are born out of nebulae or star clouds which are smoky {see pictures} as are made up of gasses and dust
He said to it and to the earth come ye together willingly or unwillingly, they said we come together in willing obedience!    the gasses and dust particles start collapsing and joining due to unknown causes,

This is how our earth and solar system was born with its sun, all its planets and other heavenly bodies like comets asteroids etc. and it was told by a Bedouin of 7th century Arabia!!!!  No doubt his claim of Prophethood is correct, he indeed was chosen by the creator of the heavens and the earth to deliver a message.
In the same breath it says-
{38:87-88}-"of a truth this Quran is no other than an admonition to all created beings and after a time you shall surely know its message in full"
Indeed after a time, i.e. now 1400 yrs later, we can understand its message in full, the prophecy is fulfilled, we have understood it.
The Quran even goes onto divide the creation of earth into time periods after defining birth of solar system in same breath which totally matches the time periods discovered by the scientists today {this time period thing was my first real discovery that pushed me deeper into studying science in reference to religion} I will discuss it in another topic Inshallah.
May Allah guide us all and make not us stubborn against his will.

The whole world is like Hazrat Umar but no one is like his sister and brother in law.
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 12:38am
Quran 41:11 reads "He placed therein firm mountains rising above its surface, and blessed it with abundance, and provided therein its foods in proper measure in four days � alike for all seekers."

Where is the connection with the solar system? Please, let's not turn holy books into science books. The ultra-conservative Christians in the US are trying to do the same and I think this is not helpful.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
rememberallah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rememberallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 12:40pm
my brother matt brown
peace be on you, my brother see what i have given as heading "star formation-sun's birth, earth's birth."
brother please go again carefully through my post and still if there is a doubt i will God willing comment.
The whole world is like Hazrat Umar but no one is like his sister and brother in law.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rememberallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 1:56pm
brother matt i just realised that the image you have on this forum along with your name right now is of a nebulae {or is it of a cracker/firework}, ie a star cloud/star nursery where stars are born,  Quran is talking of this stage of solar system formation "He turned to the sky and it was as smoke"
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 12:41pm
rememberallah, you said "Quran is talking of this stage of solar system formation "He turned to the sky and it was as smoke".  What do you base your statement on?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rememberallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2010 at 12:45am
my brother
peace be on you
the basis of my statement is the word "smoke/smoky" and any picture of a nebulae which is like nothing but rising smoke in appearance.
besides that the science says as pointed out in my post that all the gasses and dust particles started to collapse and come together, Quran too says "come ye together" 
science is not able to answer that why did they start collapsing on each other saying what was the reason for the density fluctuations, such a thing should not had happened. Quran says "willingly or unwillingly" indicating God commanded them to do what should had never happened by their nature.
hope this will help. you can see how exact it is.
may God guide all.
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2010 at 12:20pm

rememberallah, I can indeed see "how exact it is".

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rememberallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2010 at 1:06pm
my brother peace be on you
i know what you mean, accidents don't happen on roads when one sees, accidents happen on roads when one doesnt see.
Quran is talking about formation of earth in those verses and if you go through science on same topic and keep a look on Quran talking about same topic. one realises that it is miracle of Quran.
may Allah guide all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic