IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > GREEN Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Plastic Bags  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plastic Bags

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emba7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plastic Bags
    Posted: 13 November 2010 at 8:01am
On the subject of plastic and using them for shopping, what does everyone use in their kitchen trash cans? Do you use plastic bags to line them? I use my shopping bags, small I know but its recycling in a sense.
healthydiets View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote healthydiets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2010 at 7:43pm
Plastic bags are bad for environment, but they are easy to use, economical and light weight. I don't use new plastic bags in the kithcen. I store the shopping bags and reuse it. It's a small contribution to a good environment.
NuraB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NuraB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2010 at 1:53pm
Groceries I buy for my home I only use canvas.

Since I work for a childcare center we shop at Smart and Final for the weekly supplies. I take those plastic and paper bags home and use them for my kitchen (and bathroom trash for that matter).

We use the plastic shopping bags to line the cans; tying off the plastic bags by the handles when they're full. We use the paper bags for recyclables. When the paper bag is full we dump the recyclables directly into the waste wheeler and reuse the paper bag until it no longer stands alone.

N.B.
Jyotikajoe View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jyotikajoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 11:21pm
wow its a great idea Thumbs%20Up i like it & I will try..People should think about environment - everyone should use Paper bag's. 
hjf321 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hjf321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2010 at 9:27pm
As far as I can remember, being a kid at the time going shopping with my mum, plastic bags were mostly unheard of. We took shopping nets or woven baskets or bags to carry the goods and managed quite well. I wonder how we became so dependent on plastic bags within only about two decades. Why is it that we continue using these plastic bags just for our convenience and selfishly ignore what these masses of unyielding plastic can do to our environment?  
donna82d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donna82d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2011 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by emba7 emba7 wrote:

On the subject of plastic and using them for shopping, what does everyone use in their kitchen trash cans? Do you use plastic bags to line them? I use my shopping bags, small I know but its recycling in a sense.

I also use the plastic shopping bags for rubbish. I think it is a waste to buy plastic bags just to throw them out.
tayek1967 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tayek1967 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 7:19am
Plastic shopping bags is enemy of environmeny. which rubbish & ugly in a sense. we may be used nets or woven baskets or bags to carry the goods and save our environment. may Allah save us. thanks
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2012 at 11:21am
In Germany customers have to pay for plastic bags in stores to discourage them from buying them.
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic