IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Famous Quotes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Proverbs  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Proverbs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2011summit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2011 at 6:22pm
If you don�t read, you�re unlikely to succeed. You�re either getting smarter or you�re getting dumber.
Corrector View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corrector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2011 at 11:35pm
I konw that I don't know anything.
Socrates
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2011 at 2:40pm
One-quarter of what you eat keeps you alive. 
The other three-quarters keeps your doctor alive. 

Ancient Egyptian Proverb
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2011 at 8:01pm
I got the bill for my surgery.  Now I know what those doctors were wearing masks for.  ~James H. Boren

A hospital should also have a recovery room adjoining the cashier's office.  ~Francis O'Walsh

asheque View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asheque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 4:32am
 A handful of love is better than an oven full of bread.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2012 at 4:48pm
If you think you are too small to make a diffrence, you haven't spent a night with a mosquito. [African Proverb]
alod22 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alod22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2012 at 5:19am
Originally posted by milli0nl3ts milli0nl3ts wrote:

I agree!!
Here's another one:
"The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth."..from a Chinese Proverb

Kind of agree of this proverb. Anyway not in all ways we can do it. Most of the times we must speak and take action.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic