IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Direction of Prayer  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Direction of Prayer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote want2know Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Direction of Prayer
    Posted: 03 November 2010 at 5:55am
I converted to Islam last night(But not officially. I will do it soon. I live in Los Angeles and I would like to know in what direction do I face Mecca?Wink
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 9:29pm

Salam/Peace,

Congratulations!!

Welcome to Islam, even if not official yet. Not should be official though, however it's better if other muslim know, so in case something happen, for example (God forbid) you die you will be treated (funeral etc) as muslim.

Anyway, May God Almighty bless, help and guide you always.

The direction to mecca (people/muslim call it Qibla) is: 23:43:5 E (From North)

You can find this in IslamiCity too, here the link:

Just put your zipcode or city.

Edited by semar - 03 November 2010 at 9:35pm
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
want2know View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote want2know Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 5:53am
Thank you, Semar for answering my question.Ying%20Yang
want2know View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote want2know Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2010 at 5:58pm
I have to serve on a jury for a week in two weeks and I may be there all day. What about the Dhorh and Asr prayers for that week? Do IOuch make up the missed prayer when I get home?
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2010 at 11:42pm
Salaam/Peace,

It's better, you do it in your car when you lunch break. You can do it by sitting in the car, yes you don't need to bow down, just mimic the prayer movement as much as you can. This is the simplification that Allah give to us. Even in the masjid/mosque many old persons that have difficulties(not able to bow down), they perform salat by just sitting on chair and mimic the prayer movement as much as they can.

Edited by semar - 08 November 2010 at 10:50pm
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
want2know View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote want2know Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2010 at 6:53am
Thanks again. You are a blessing from Allah!Smile
want2know View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote want2know Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2010 at 2:46am
Can anyone translate this intoEnglish?  It is one of the prayer recitations:"Ajaahum maghfirlee warhamnee wahdnee wa'afi-nee warfa'nee wajburnee war zunee."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic