IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Friday Sermons  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Friday Sermons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 23>
Author
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2010 at 12:17pm

The topic under discussion this khutbah { as shared by my husband} was importance of bringing up children with ISLAMIC values. Most of the muslims here are giving importance for their children to acquire worldy education but not teaching them of Islam.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2010 at 12:42pm
Today's khutbah was about the virtues of fasting during the 9th, 10th and 11th days of Muharram.  It was during this month that the prophet made his Hijrah and when Allah saved Moses and the Children of Israel from the Pharaoh.  The imam also mentioned the importance of loving Allah and His messenger.   
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2010 at 2:11pm
Prohibition of transparent and tight fitting clothes for women, and plucking grey hair for men.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2010 at 1:47pm
Today's khutbah was about, as expected, Ashura.  This is a holy day in which fasting is recommended, though not required.  This is the day that many great favors of Allah descended on His prophets.  He saved Moses from the Pharaoh.  He alleviated Job's suffering.  He forgave Adam.  Of course, it is also a day of sadness as it was on this day that the prophet Muhammad's family was massacred at Karbala, by the forces of the Ummayad Caliph Yazid, the son of Muawiyah.  The ones who were martyred this day included the prophet's grandson, Imam Hussein and his family.  And although we mourn the brutal deaths of the prophet's family, we also rejoice, because they are with Allah.  The Quran says:

(2:154) And say not of those who are slain in the way of Allah: "They are dead." Nay, they are living, though ye perceive (it) not.
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2010 at 2:28pm
Prohibition of wearing gold and silk (for men) and drinking from gold and silver cups.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2010 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

Today's khutbah was about, as expected, Ashura.  This is a holy day in which fasting is recommended, though not required.  This is the day that many great favors of Allah descended on His prophets.  He saved Moses from the Pharaoh.  He alleviated Job's suffering.  He forgave Adam.  Of course, it is also a day of sadness as it was on this day that the prophet Muhammad's family was massacred at Karbala, by the forces of the Ummayad Caliph Yazid, the son of Muawiyah.  The ones who were martyred this day included the prophet's grandson, Imam Hussein and his family.  And although we mourn the brutal deaths of the prophet's family, we also rejoice, because they are with Allah.  The Quran says:

(2:154) And say not of those who are slain in the way of Allah: "They are dead." Nay, they are living, though ye perceive (it) not.

It is known that Shiit dogma revolves around the events of Karbala...They use lunar calender to recreate the events for flagellation drama of heat, thirst and blockage of water by the government force which is so unscientific b/c there is no way to make anniversary of that weather conditions by lunar calender! People don't celebrate birthdays or death anniversaries anywhere using lunar dates and look sensible. I know not all Muslims do this birthday thing but lot of them do! Since the end of colonial rule the birthday of Prophet(saw) is being  celebrated in Sunni majority places using lunar calendar too! I wonder about that too!
It is fine to fast if recommended on some Muharram date but saying this could be used is an anniversary reference to an event is an innovation, please think it with open mind instead of being dogmatic!

Only month of fasting by lunar system has its great significance the way antipodean world and the angular travel of earth around sun; not known or understood at the time of revelations! This was blessings to permit at least traversing through all seasons during the fasting at least twice in average life times.
Any wonder the nonthinking Muslims fell behind in the scientific field and playing catchup now!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 23 December 2010 at 2:14am
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2010 at 11:24am
Today's khutbah was appropriately about the status of Jesus (pbuh) in Islam, his birth etc.  The imam mentioned some ayats mentioning Jesus, how he taught monotheism, how he was a servant of God and how his miraculous birth was easy for Allah (swt).  He also mentioned some of the other miraculous births, such as those of Adam (pbuh) who was created without a mother or father, of Eve (ra) who was created from Adam and again without a mother or father, of Isaac (pbuh) who was born when both his parents were in old age.  All these examples serve to remind us of the power of God and how He can do anything without difficulty.   

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2010 at 3:08pm
The permissibility of combining prayers due to hardship.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 23>
  Share Topic