IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 'Niqab Rage'  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed'Niqab Rage'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2010 at 6:15am
I also think that championing for polygyny is at the moment a very secondary issue and waaaay down the priority list. Muslims should start with more practica/pertinentl issues first - such as Halal labels, Mosques, Hijab etc. 

Edited by Chrysalis - 08 November 2010 at 6:16am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
NuraB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2010 at 10:57am
schmikbob

It is possible to observe Islamic law while respecting national law. For example Shari'a requires the deceased to be wrapped in burial cloth. State/municipal law requires the deceased to be buried in a coffin. The deceased can be wrapped in the cloth while buried in the coffin.

Chrysalis brought up a valid point:

Do you see the irony that here in the U.S. plural marriage is illegal, yet adultery is "okay" since there is no legal repercussion.?

Where I live in order for an Imam to officiate a marriage in the masjid (mosque) the couple first needs to obtain a State marriage license. To issue a marriage license California requires each person be singe. Therefore the local mosque won't legitimize a plural marriage.

I'm sure this is not an isolated incident. I'd imagine most mosques/Islamic centers have a similar policy regarding marriage as I'm sure most states have similar requirements as well.
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2010 at 5:36pm
Chrysalis and NuraB, if you think there are no repercussions, legal or otherwise, to adultery or maintaining a mistress then you have not lived in the United States.  Also, Chrysalis, you have made some very revealing statements.  For example, in response to my question about the treatments of apostates, you said "we cannot expect a non-muslim government to practically carry out Islamic responsibilities".  I would like to know what then are Islamic responsibilities with regard to apostates???  Please don't couch your answer with any niceties.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2010 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by schmikbob schmikbob wrote:

Also, Chrysalis, you have made some very revealing statements.  For example, in response to my question about the treatments of apostates, you said "we cannot expect a non-muslim government to practically carry out Islamic responsibilities".  I would like to know what then are Islamic responsibilities with regard to apostates???  Please don't couch your answer with any niceties.

Well, let's talk "niceties" shall we; what about enhanced coercive interrogation, stress positions, special renditions, precision bombing, collateral damage, smart bombs, and Operation Iraqi Freedom.
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2010 at 9:09pm
abuayisha, I must be imagining things.  I thought my question was for Chrysalis and involved apostates.  Apparently I was wrong and it was a question for you and involved all the ills of the US involvement in Iraq.  Way to avoid the question and completely change the subject.  Maybe we can address all your concerns in the proper thread though.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2010 at 11:38pm

Chrysalis and NuraB, if you think there are no�repercussions, legal or�otherwise,�to adultery or maintaining a mistress then you have not lived�in the United States.�

Then please share with us the legal repercussions of having a mistress or indulging in adultery. How does the government respond to such a scenario?

Quote Also, Chrysalis, you have made some very revealing statements.� For example,�in response to my question about the treatments of apostates, you said "we cannot expect a non-muslim government to practically carry out Islamic responsibilities".� I would like to�know what then�are Islamic responsibilities with regard to apostates???� Please don't couch your answer with any niceties.

I don't like your tone Bob. What do you mean by "don't couch your answer with any niceties"? If you don't trust our responses, then why engage in discussions with us? Sorry if our answers don't suit your expectations, but thats how it is.

Edited by Chrysalis - 08 November 2010 at 11:39pm
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2010 at 11:48pm

abuayisha, I must be imagining things.��I thought my question was for Chrysalis and involved apostates.� Apparently I was wrong and it was a question for you

I don't know why some people get so sensitive when other members participate in a public thread. This is a public thread/forum. Anyone can quote/comment whatever they wish. I for one appreciate other members chipping in.

Also is the purpose of your post to get an answer from Chrysalis - or simply get an answer to your question? If it is the latter, then it should not matter who responds.

Edited by Chrysalis - 08 November 2010 at 11:48pm
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2010 at 7:11am
Well bob since you're trolling for "gotcha moments" I figured why not address more important euphemisms/niceties.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic