IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Burning the Qur'an...?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBurning the Qur'an...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Starter
Starter

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burning the Qur'an...?
    Posted: 09 September 2010 at 7:40am
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2010 at 7:55pm
Disrespectful and ignorant but protected speech under the US Constitution.  As is flag burning and Bible burning.  Maybe if we all just ignore this guy he'll go away.
doubler702 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2010 at 3:37pm
That exactly what I think and now he is saying he is not gonna do it.  But, he is trying to get a mosque location moved.  If the mosque location is not moved, he just might do it.
peace13 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2010 at 1:13am
Pastor Terry Jones cancels his plan to burn copies of the Holy Quran on 11 September 2010
No one in this world should have right to disgrace the peaceful people of other religions. If a group of terrorists have committed a disaster it does not mean that all Muslims are the same. This type of decisions can not create peace rather will blow more anger into the people and more fights will take place in the World which is of no use. Better is to deal the issues sensibly in future as well.

http://spotlightofpeace.blogspot.com/2010/07/pastor-terry-jones-cancels-his-plan-to.html
Douggg View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2010 at 3:29am
I think the pastor won a victory because he has shown just how dangerous Islam is - when the president of the United States is afraid of their violent reaction and has to plead with an American citizen to forego his rights of free speech in order that Americans not be killed. America and the president of the United States held hostage by Islam. 911-2010
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2010 at 5:57am

Assalamu Alaikum,

For the time being, the pastor may have succeeded in aggravating the situation. Regardless of any such actions, Muslims must show restraint even though they love this book, the Qur�an, more than anything else in the world.

�Nor can goodness and Evil be equal. Repel (Evil) with what is better: Then will he between whom and thee was hatred become as it were thy friend and intimate!�

Qur�an 41:34

And pastor should also reflect on the teaching of Jesus (peace be upon him):

�But I tell you who hear me; Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.�

Luke 6:27-28

Overall, there is also a good sign in the midst of all this that deserves consideration. So many scholars and leaders of various faiths around the world came forward and condemned this action. I hope that this would only enhance further communication and dialogue, and that would in turn overcome any misunderstanding and help build bridges.

May Allah guide us all.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2010 at 8:07am
Peace13,  you write "If a group of terrorists have committed a disaster it does not mean that all Muslims are the same."  I totally agree, however, in the same light if a pastor with a marginal denomination, burns a book regarded as holy, it does not mean that all Christians or even all Americans are the same.  You also write "No one in this world should have right to disgrace the peaceful people of other religions".  I would argue that for an obscure pastor to burn a book is his fundamental write in the United States.  If you decide to feel that this is a personal disgrace to your entire religion that is also your right. 
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2010 at 3:23pm
Do we hear of any Muslim threatening to burn the Bible?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic