IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why building a mosque near "ground zero" is bad  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why building a mosque near "ground zero" is bad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 55>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why building a mosque near "ground zero" is bad
    Posted: 20 July 2010 at 9:48am
What do you guys think about this issue (especially sign reader) let me know
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 9:54am
I believe its bad for the simple fact that for the sake of political correctness muslims should allow a good two decades for the feelings to fade. Because of societal media, people are influenced by how Islam has negatively effected America. If a mosque is built I do believe vandalism would happen whether the first day, second day, or a month from now.

I believe that the idea of Islam still has a negative connotation and people especially Muslims building the mosque needs to be smart
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 10:13am
Gibbs,
I agree with your above comment. It would be insensitive to go ahead with it. How near is 'near'?

People are still suffering the effects of 9/11..call it PTSD if you like. And I don;t believe it will benefit muslims in the long term with their relationships with others in the US.

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
UmmFatima View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmFatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 10:56am
Yeah I agree with you two. I wouldn't want to go to a mosque at ground zero for fear of some radical American terrorist...

I mean, maybe a cultural center? It seems like a lot of people like the idea of a multi-cultural project there, what about a global understanding thing? Like flags of every country, imported jewelry or something. Like a global exchange? Have ethnic classes in pottery/language/etc?

Maybe if it was a super Sufi mosque it'd be okay. I dunno.
�Our Lord! Grant us comfort in our spouses and descendants, and make us leaders of the God-fearing.� -Al-Furqan 74
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 1:31pm
Well I'm reading now that they are continuing the plans for the building of the mosque so I will update the thread with the link. I believe the idiot Sarah Palin commented on this by using a non-word not even in a dictionary. Anyway I will keep you guys posted.
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 2:48pm
Ok here is the video  link: http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/07/14/new.york.ground.zero.mosque/?hpt=Sbin

Please watch the videoto get an understanding of the feelings of the people. You have one lone young Muslim woman condoning the building of the mosque however as you watch the video the demonization of the Islamic faith continues. I'm sorry but I really think after watching the reaction Muslims in NY should not build it for the simple fact of whgat has happened. You cannot continue to say "Islam is peace" to millions of citizens who has watched, witnessed 9/11. Yes Atrocities happen elsewhere but people aren't going to care about elsewhere when you are building a religious monument associated with terrorist attacks on September 11th. I wish these Muslims in NY understood the minds of these New Yorkers

Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 3:15pm

Hey guys let's get all the facts on the table and then say whatever! http://www.cordobainitiative.org/
According to the man this is not a mosque but a community center like Y mosque will be a part of the facility...I would tend to agree there is no way Muslims in US can afford $100 million project unless there is a big backing of sorts...I mean some big kahuna then I saw Jim Wallis blog... aha! Jim who? the one who has the ears of the community organizer in chief! The answer is blowing in the wind coming from 1600 Pennsylvania Ave my friends! The Jewish Mayor Bloomberg is supporting this who are we to say any thing, may be he will find the bucks!
And then two morons you know who? that Mama grizzly and foot in the mouth ignorant Boykin on the subject and now things are getting a bit testy in the political circles! You heard what was the comment from Romneys' alley about the Mama?

IMHO Protestant's diaspora in the political realm has driven them over the edge and to gain traction in this war of trivialities will throw them off further...I think this is a big red herring that liberals are throwing in their way..let's see where this ends up...let the chips fall where they may; we'll know by this fall!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 20 July 2010 at 3:30pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 8:50pm
Ya, i do did find it funny how many NYC politicians are behind this whole thing.

Politics not withstanding, I would wait. But not forever the reason being is when you hear groups arguing who was responsible for what and its like over 100 years ago! Its like the Turkey Armenia debate.. okay one side says x, the other y, but dear heavens, it just goes on and on and on. Some people live on in the past and there is lots to do now...
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 55>
  Share Topic