IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why building a mosque near "ground zero" is bad  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why building a mosque near "ground zero" is bad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 535455
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 1:31pm
Well I'm reading now that they are continuing the plans for the building of the mosque so I will update the thread with the link. I believe the idiot Sarah Palin commented on this by using a non-word not even in a dictionary. Anyway I will keep you guys posted.
UmmFatima View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmFatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 10:56am
Yeah I agree with you two. I wouldn't want to go to a mosque at ground zero for fear of some radical American terrorist...

I mean, maybe a cultural center? It seems like a lot of people like the idea of a multi-cultural project there, what about a global understanding thing? Like flags of every country, imported jewelry or something. Like a global exchange? Have ethnic classes in pottery/language/etc?

Maybe if it was a super Sufi mosque it'd be okay. I dunno.
�Our Lord! Grant us comfort in our spouses and descendants, and make us leaders of the God-fearing.� -Al-Furqan 74
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 10:13am
Gibbs,
I agree with your above comment. It would be insensitive to go ahead with it. How near is 'near'?

People are still suffering the effects of 9/11..call it PTSD if you like. And I don;t believe it will benefit muslims in the long term with their relationships with others in the US.

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 9:54am
I believe its bad for the simple fact that for the sake of political correctness muslims should allow a good two decades for the feelings to fade. Because of societal media, people are influenced by how Islam has negatively effected America. If a mosque is built I do believe vandalism would happen whether the first day, second day, or a month from now.

I believe that the idea of Islam still has a negative connotation and people especially Muslims building the mosque needs to be smart
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 9:48am
What do you guys think about this issue (especially sign reader) let me know
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 535455
  Share Topic