IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - a sister who is falling behind from islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

a sister who is falling behind from islam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a sister who is falling behind from islam
    Posted: 14 July 2010 at 3:38pm
I know a cousin who is falling behind from islam, she's had 2 boyfriends, doesn't pray, wears tight clothes and i found a novel that focused on dirty things. If i approach her she screams at me and shouts and curses me. I feel so sad and don't know what to do, how to bring her back to islam. She's in her 20s...is it to late to help her?

Edited by mini - 14 July 2010 at 3:50pm
Divya_Mohammed View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divya_Mohammed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 3:19am
Assalam Alaikum

I am a new Muslim woman for last 3 months. I am married to a Muslim Man for just over one year.

I became a Muslim as I see all family members offering prayers regularly and so I also started to offer prayer, although I was a Hindu girl and not Muslim. But slowly, I began to trust Islam and desire grew in my heart to become Muslim.

Hence, I suggest you to offer prayer in her presence and invite her mildly. One day, Inshallah, she will accept and worship alongside you.

Allah Hafiz
Divya Mohammed Iyer
India
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 8:02am
Sister,
It is good to know you love and care for your cousin. She is probably very mixed up in her mind and perhaps is why she shouts at you.
She knows in her heart what is the truth, but like many she is following her own desires and there is little you can do about it.
Continue to be her example and offer prayers for her. Insha'aalah she will return and be a good muslim girl again.
It is never to late to help a person, but if you make a big issue of this with her it could push her further away.
Just love her and be patient.
Salams

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
UmmFatima View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmFatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 6:06pm
I agree with Martha - it's not too late but if you're pushy you could make her go father away. Just be a good example and pray for her. That's the best thing you can do.

Allah guides who He wills.
�Our Lord! Grant us comfort in our spouses and descendants, and make us leaders of the God-fearing.� -Al-Furqan 74
mini View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 10:11pm
Thank you for your replies sisters, inshallah I hope Allah will answer my prayers. Please if you can pray as well that this sister of mine and all of our sisters who have lost their way return back to righteousness. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic