IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A couple of questions #2  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A couple of questions #2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elijah-boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A couple of questions #2
    Posted: 10 June 2010 at 6:17pm
I would appreciate if you can formulate your opinion on the following topics:

1. do you condone honor killings?
2. do you think quran is infallible and every word should be taken in its literal face value?
3. do you believe that term infidel has the right to exist? (if you do, please substantiate it)
4. as a muslim do you feel superior to other religions or human beings
5. if all the world could be turned peacefully into islam, would see benefit in it?
6. if all the world could be turned violently into islam in one day, would you see benefit.

P.S. That's a lot of questions, but I think most of them are yes/no answers. So if you simply answer yes or no that would be great. Of course if you want to be specific, by all means please do.

Thanks.
Elijah.
xx__Ace__xx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xx__Ace__xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 2:42am
1> No. Doesn't matter whether I personally do or not, Islam strictly forbids bloodshed, and under no condition are innocents to be killed. If I go against this, I go against Islam. The only circumstance it allows a fight in is when its to defend myself when attacked.

2> Aye, I do.

3> You have the right and freedom to accept or reject any faith. Islam believes in freedom, and encourages every person to find the truth to his/her own personal satisfaction.

4> I'm not supposed to. All humans are equal, and none superior. Islam doesn't allow for one to look down upon another, that includes even the enemies.

5> "would see benefit in it? " Who're you referring to? Us muslims? Aye, Islam is a religion of peace, what'd be more thrilling than having the satisfaction of spreading it through peace.

6> Islam doesn't believe in violence, period.

My pleasure.

Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 11:58am
Originally posted by elijah-boy elijah-boy wrote:

I would appreciate if you can formulate your opinion on the following topics:

1. do you condone honor killings?

No. And neither is it condoned by Islam. It is considered murder. Murder is punishable by death in Islam.

2. do you think quran is infallible and every word should be taken in its literal face value?

Yes, I believe the Qur'an is infallible.

I am not too sure about your terminology "literal face value" because not everything can be taken "literally" in the Qur'an (referring to the definition of literal) because Allah uses a lot of metaphors and symbolism in the Qur'an when explaining things.

3. do you believe that term infidel has the right to exist? (if you do, please substantiate it)

According to the dictionary:

Infidel:  An unbeliever with respect to a particular religion, especially Christianity or Islam.
2. One who has no religious beliefs.
3. One who doubts or rejects a particular doctrine, system, or principle.

So by definition I see nothing offensive about the term. I don't mind if Christians call me an infidel, because by definition I am an infidel to thier religion. So yes, this term can be used. . . its like a synonym for "unbeliever"  or "disbeliever". So why not?

4. as a muslim do you feel superior to other religions or human beings

As a Muslim/human, I don't feel superior to anyone, even people of other religions.

But I do believe that Islam as a system is superior to other systems or ways of life - yes. It would be hypocritical to say no, because why would I choose to be Muslim then.

5. if all the world could be turned peacefully into islam, would see benefit in it?

Yes - provided they were good Muslims.

6. if all the world could be turned violently into islam in one day, would you see benefit.

No. Like the Qur'an says: "Let there be no compulsion in religion".

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
elijah-boy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elijah-boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 11:15am
TO CRYSALYS:

I have doubts that quran uses the same definition of the word infidel that you just mentioned.
(If you agree with this point) then the question would be why would you use other definition if it the same time you consider quran infallible?

Elijah.
xx__Ace__xx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xx__Ace__xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 5:24am
. . .lol Wut?

In Quran, people are addressed as two different types, when required to that is, believers and unbelievers. You see, there are no specific terms like atheits/buddhists/whatever, since they aren't required anyway. It refers to the followers of the truth, muslims, as believers, or the people who deny the faith, doesn't matter what religion/belief they are of since it all comes down to the same, as unbelievers. I don't need to "use some other definition cuz it doesn't exist in the Quran" apparently, Quran doesn't claim of the unbelievers (obviously any of them) or their ideologies not having the right to exist, hence to answer your question as to whether the term unfidel exists, yes it does, you have the freedom to believe whatever you feel right, as I simply put earlier.

Edited by xx__Ace__xx - 14 June 2010 at 5:26am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic