IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reviews - Media > Books, Newspapers & Magazines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

kite runner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilquis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: kite runner
    Posted: 19 March 2005 at 11:09am
this may not exactly be an 'islamic' type of book but i read it and it was great. it's about afgahanistan and afghans in america. it also tells you a lot on the taliban regime.............read it!!!!!!!
semar View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2005 at 12:45pm
where we can get the book?
Salam/Peace,
Semar
The Prophet said: "Do not eat before you are hungry, and stop eating before you are full"
"1/3 of your stomach for food 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 7:16am

Bismillah,

ISA, I will  try the library, but new books like this are often not at ours.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 6:57am
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

ISA, I will  try the library, but new books like this are often not at ours.

You should be able to put in a request for the book to be purchased this will be on that if it will be variable to have and/or if your library offers this service - an interloan request, this is where libraries have a system that they borrow books from other libraries for their patrons but this will incur a small fee from the patron. 

Angel. 

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 10:57am

Bismillah,

Thanks Angel.  That included all of our little library system's interloan capabilities!  I'll keep it in mind for the future, ISA.

So I am reading a collections of works by Khalil Gibran.  I recognize a lot of it, and it is worth reading for the sympathetic hearted soul.

I also noticed a book  I had picked up for a quarter some time ago that is also capitivating.  The Plague by Camus.  It's about Oran and a disaster that is represented by an invasion of rats.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 9:23pm
I have thought about buying Khalil Gibran's book, maybe one day I will
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic