IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Football/Soccer World Cup bidding  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Football/Soccer World Cup bidding

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2010 at 9:54am
Pati,

Yep, am so pleased that Spain won. And with Nadal winning Wimbledon it means I can travel to Jaen in August in relative peace :D
Maybe we can meet up?

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Pati View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2010 at 12:34pm
Thanks Hayfa for your congrats.

It was really amazing the way that Netherlands played, and actually, it's the first time they do it this way. Here in Spain, they say that it was just an strategy to make us lose the control and get nervous... but sorry, we are stronger than that LOLLOL 

Anyhow, none dead, and the injuries were able to dance and celebrate the whole time during last two days, so LOL

Thank you very much Wink

Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

Pati,

Yep, am so pleased that Spain won. And with Nadal winning Wimbledon it means I can travel to Jaen in August in relative peace :D
Maybe we can meet up?

Sure!! If you are coming to Madrid, here i am LOL

But... who told you that Spain is in peace???? Summer is the best season of the year!! We have daily celebrations in different places, almost every day we have a party in every region... it's great!! It's like village celebrations, and we keep on dancing up to 7-9 AM !!!! LOL

But anyhow, don't worry, it's going to be ok for you, I am sure. This way you can see our folklore alive!!

Big hugs
Patricia
No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 12:47am
Hi Pati,

Haha, I meant peace in that the Spanish won't be complaining at me that they lost..because they have won! And you are all happy!

Yes, I look forward to visiting.

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 8:20am
where's the next world cup?
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Pati View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Brazil!!!!! LOLLOLLOL

It's going to be a war there!!!
No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Pati Pati wrote:

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Brazil!!!!! LOLLOLLOL

It's going to be a war there!!!

hehe.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 11:25pm
Spain was the best soccer team. The Netherlands had the best Chinese martial arts team though.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic