IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why we must eat halal food.......  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why we must eat halal food.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why we must eat halal food.......
    Posted: 29 July 2005 at 4:57pm
Assalamoun wa 'aleykoum wa rahmat Allah i ta'ala

Why we must eat halal meat and why we must not eat pig meat ?

According to my science knowledge, we must eat halal meat because when we cut the throat of the animal, we cut its arteries and its trachea arteries so the brain need oxygen and it "ask", by electrical signals sent by the nerves in the spinal column, to the heart to pump up all the blood of the body to it in order to reoxygenate the brain. But the blood arteries are cut so all the blood is going out of the body and the meat has no blood so it is halal.

Are you agree with me ?

Ma'asalam your brother Tarek from France
Noah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 5:17pm

Peace

Both yes and no. I belive that it goes for all food that in order for it to be halal, we must eat it in Gods name. As for the rest i am in total agreement although i dont know the excact scientific details.

[Surah 5:3] "Forbidden unto you (for food) are carrion and running blood and swineflesh, and that which hath been dedicated unto any other than Allah.."

So the method of butchering that we traditionally use are in perfect allignment with this commandmend.

Peace

Noah

firewall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 4:53am
to cleanse ourself.

Edited by firewall
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 5:39am

I thought halal meat was killed in a certain way in order to ensure that the animal was killed with respect.

Also - not eating pig meat is a good idea - diseases can spread very easily between pigs and humans and the amount of drugs pumped into pigs to make them grow fatter faster means that humans can take in far too many antibiotics - thus becoming immune to antibiotics ourselves. This means antibiotics will stop working for us so we can be knocked out by diseases that can no longer be stopped by the drugs.

Kim...

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 7:40am

Originally posted by firewall firewall wrote:

so we can't even eat the fruits that has been offered to a deity.

How would that be respectful to eat the fruits offered to (a) deity ?

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 7:52am

is halal meat more drier than non halal meat, if the blood is drained wouldn't it leave the meat dry ? and also would't leave the meat with less iron, since the iron is mostly in the blood ?

Is there anyone who has had both? is the taste different?

coming from one who can go to a halal butcher and buy a steak for a try  

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 8:12am

Bismillah

When it comes to matters presented by Allah in the Qur'an and clearly stated in the ahadeeth it is not necessary to try and discover the reason behind. The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) instructs us to obey Allah, the Great and the Glorious. And Allah orders us to do what is best for our own selves...

MOCKBA
Noah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 1:35pm
from experience i can tell you that meat butchered using the traditional method of slaughtering tastes much better than conventional meat. It has a stronger more intense taste. But instead of wondering about the last 30 seconds of the animals life, perhaps we should start to wrorry more about the rest of its life, and the welfare itwas given.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic