IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cousin Marriages  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cousin Marriages

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 2:19pm
I set up the first Muslim school in 1981 and now there are 140 Muslim schools and 11 are state funded.

And so you are fine with nonMuslims paying for your schools? Its a "crime against humanity" for Muslims to be educated in nonMuslim schools, but the money is just fine.. frankly, maybe you ought to ask the rich princes of the Middle East or the ruling elites of places like Pakistan to pay for your schooling. At least its Muslims relying upon Muslims.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Iftikhar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iftikhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 2:18am
Salaam

The demand for state funded Muslim schools is in accordance with the law of the land. Muslim community is not asking for any favour.

Muslim community is paying all sorts of taxes, law abiding, less burden on social services, working for the economic, social, emotional and spiritual prosperity of the British sopciety. It is fully integrated to the British society at large. But inspite of that they suffer discrimination in every walk of life because British society and its educational system is the home of instititional racism.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 4:21am
Salaams,

you know if you keep saying "your racist, your racist" people really get tired of being labeled.

On one hand you say they are "fully integrated" and yet are discriminated.. cannot have both.

Are there cultural leanings.. absolutely. Yes you want to claim they should have this, that and the next thing and yet you reject the society, constantly that you live in. You call it "crimes against humanity."  You tel them they should never educated  a Muslim child etc etc.

Again you did not address that cousin marriage are by no means required in Islam. And if the young people prefer not to do it, then so be it. This is about cousin marriages. In Islam and the laws of British society it is their choice to do so. if you don't want them influenced turn off the TV and go back to Pakistan. Even there, many kids don't want to marry their cousin but do so because they are told to do so. So you think you'll stem the tide in the UK by building a few schools.. but it won't change the reality that most kids don't want to marry their cousins. 

And also in reality many marry their kids off to cousins to keep the money in the family. Not necessarily because they are a better Muslim.

Edited by Hayfa - 08 May 2010 at 9:48pm
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 5:48am
Since we are on the topic of education I wonder what education level do you have iftikar? First off your entire thesis on this thread is trying to promote education using an entirely different, and unrelated topic on marrying cousins. If this is about education make it about education. This tiresome topic and crying about having monolingual schools is annoying.

Take a cue from hayfa. If you don't like western countries GTFO. Don't sit there and bash the country you pay taxes in and cry about the system. Do like any rational human would do and move. I know the United Kingdom is boring with its tea and biscuits and its monotone TV shows (LOL just kidding Martha) but like my friends tell me don't talk about it be about it.

Another good point hayfa brought up was asking the ruling elite class to fund Muslim education. My best guess is they won't. Most are so busy securing their future with the billions of dollars they have I'm sure a school you want is political suicide to them. By the way the fact that your whole analysis of the issue was so poorly written makes me think education or rather discussing it, is all the more important.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 10:09am
THANK YOU HAYFA AND GIBBS!!!

FInally I am beginning to feel that people are believing pretty much what I have been saying to this dude for the past 3years!!!

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 9:32pm
Martha: there is a difference between ongoing monologues or discussions that actually help and improve people.

I honestly know people who were not happy living in the west, who wanted their kids to be raised differently and left. And its fine if you want to stay. But constantly criticizing just makes people tune you out. 

And frankly no one forced these people to emigrate. If you think the society is so rotten, don't stay. And why don't you emigrate to places like Saudi Arabia? Oh, small problem, they won't take you...

And if the society is so darned bad and immoral you should be like the Amish folk who live in separate communities. Living the valued lives they think they should but not asking for everyone to do everything for them. They run their own communities, their own schools, they pay no social security tax (but they ask for no benefits).

And again, cousin marriages are not required in Islam. The goal is to find the best Muslim for someone to marry. that may very well not be a cousin. Just because someone is related does not make the pious and have Taqwa. And the ultimate decision should be with the two people involved.

Edited by Hayfa - 08 May 2010 at 9:48pm
SteppeNomad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteppeNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 9:54pm
I dont think anyone is agianst cousin marriages, especailly since our prophet s.a.w allowed it.

However, im just trying to gather how, "Dirty kuffar" + (the) evil society :S Minus ( - ) , quote "Akhiiii, you must learn Arabic....and Urdu!!!" + "Marry Shadi Back home" LOL = Good Muslim

Edited by SteppeNomad - 08 May 2010 at 9:58pm
Ya Allah, Bismillah, AllahuAkbar.
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 8:24am
LoL @ steppe I'm still laughing about the douchebag comment lol.

Don't get me wrong culture is culture and each culture has its ways of life. Since I was born in America I have certain American traditions I follow. Typically marrying cousins in the U.S is normally disapproved socially cause most consider it incest even though its not. In Muhammad's time and Moses' time marrying cousins were socially acceptable because of maintaining culture and language as well as other traditions. Africans do the same thing and royal families as well.
But you won't catch me marrying my cousin. Not because I'm married but because my cousins are some unattractive women lol just kidding

Edited by Gibbs - 09 May 2010 at 8:27am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic