IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ISLAM IS FAILING IN AFRICA( @fast pace)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ISLAM IS FAILING IN AFRICA( @fast pace)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 9:57am
What is wrong with proselytizing? As long as these people aren't forcibly converting the locals into the religion they are following the Islamic concept of no coercion in religion. If they are able to win hearts and minds through word, and idea. Then maybe the problem doesn't lie with the evangelicals but with the lack of attention given to black Muslims.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 4:35pm
B95000 I mean tricking them becuase as Muslims we believe the trinity is a manmade invention. Not tricking them as in the Christians aren't really loving and sisncere. They are, however I believe evangelical Christianity has little to do with what Jesuses real message was. And we Muslims as you know beleive that we should worship Allah or God alone and not worship Jesus. That is how they are tricked in my opinion, peace...
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 4:52pm
blkmuslim as you can see, sorry to say few of your arab brothers have responded. It seems they don't care enough about the plight of Africa. so sad!!!
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Yusuf. View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yusuf. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 5:20pm
I don't think too many Arabs actually visit and/or participate in this forum. Most of the people here that I have become acquainted with are Turkish or American (presumably European) reverts.
Yusuf
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Jenni Jenni wrote:

B95000 I mean tricking them becuase as Muslims we believe the trinity is a manmade invention. Not tricking them as in the Christians aren't really loving and sisncere. They are, however I believe evangelical Christianity has little to do with what Jesuses real message was. And we Muslims as you know beleive that we should worship Allah or God alone and not worship Jesus. That is how they are tricked in my opinion, peace...

Jenni, thanks for clarifying.  I think there are many loving Muslims and Christians and Jews and secularists...we need to be cautious, as others have pointed out recently, I think Yusuf, to respect people with common courtesies.

As to the teaching of the tri-une nature of God, I can only speak for myself.  I don't believe the Trinity is trickery - I view it as a unique teaching to the New Testament.  For instance, Jesus said, "Before Abraham was born, I am."  This claim to Deity was rejected by the Jewish leaders there and they took up stones to try to kill him right then.

Here's the full context in the Gospel of John, Chapter 8:
39"Abraham is our father," they answered.

"If you were Abraham's children," said Jesus, "then you would[d] do the things Abraham did. 40As it is, you are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. 41You are doing the things your own father does."
      "We are not illegitimate children," they protested. "The only Father we have is God himself."

The Children of the Devil
    42Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me. 43Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me? 47He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."
The Claims of Jesus About Himself
    48The Jews answered him, "Aren't we right in saying that you are a Samaritan and demon-possessed?"

49"I am not possessed by a demon," said Jesus, "but I honor my Father and you dishonor me. 50I am not seeking glory for myself; but there is one who seeks it, and he is the judge. 51I tell you the truth, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death."

52At this the Jews exclaimed, "Now we know that you are demon-possessed! Abraham died and so did the prophets, yet you say that if anyone keeps your word, he will never taste death. 53Are you greater than our father Abraham? He died, and so did the prophets. Who do you think you are?"

54Jesus replied, "If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. 55Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and keep his word. 56Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad."

57"You are not yet fifty years old," the Jews said to him, "and you have seen Abraham!"

58"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" 59At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 3:22pm

How do you 'trick' people by being 'humane and loving?'
Like faking interest say in Iraq and Iraqi deaths while being utter idiotic racists.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

How do you 'trick' people by being 'humane and loving?'
Like faking interest say in Iraq and Iraqi deaths while being utter idiotic racists.

Tricking people is a can do, If you're pretty good at acting.....  People can lie can't they?, deception anyone ??....

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 11:55pm
Angelo, yes anyone can but no one can ever beat extremist lying and as if with absolute faith - somehow American ultra right death cultists (the 52,000 feet from the air kind) are far far better trained for it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic