IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - NEED QUESTION ANSWERED!!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEED QUESTION ANSWERED!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 8:03pm
As Salaam Alaikum, unity1 and abdnur.  Your words are trully an inspiration and a guide which tells me I'm making the right decisions.  I appreciate each and every word you both said and agree with it all.  I will remember what you both said.  Thank you all for helping me to understand more of this and clear things up for me.
orhan_osmani View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orhan_osmani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 9:22am

Dear Knowledge01,

I think the simplest answer to you from me would be - pray alone. Today you dont know behind whom you are praying, is he a liar, is he paying interest, and so on. To be on the safe side, pray alone. And I recommend you to be reading the book of Allah SWT only, and strive to achieve closeness to Him Alone through praayers and other iba'dah. He will guide you towards .... His knowledge ... (2:255) and then you will be able to understand Sunnah of the Prophet (SAWS) by the Guide by Allah SWT Himself. Not by books that sometimes might be missleading - and confusing for many new - converts and those who have been muslims for long time.

Many ppl might disagree with me but the way I see things, it is the way I expressed it above. Please do not judge me because you dont know the truth.

Regards,

Orhan

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 10:58am
Abu Dawood (594) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: �The prescribed prayer is obligatory and should be offered behind any Muslim, whether he is righteous or immoral, even if he commits major sins.�

(Classed as weak by al-Albaani in Da�eef Abi Dawood

Even though this hadeeth does not have any sound isnaad, as was quoted in �Awn al-Ma�bood from al-�Aqeeli and al-Haafiz ibn Hajar, al-Shawkaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: But it is proven that there was consensus among the people of the first era, the remaining Sahaabah and the Taabi�een who were with them, based on their actions, and it is not farfetched to say that it was also based on their statments, that they prayed behind unjust rulers, for the rulers at that time also led the five daily prayers, and the people were not led in their prayers by anyone other than their governors in every town that had a governor. 

In his Saheeh, Imam al-Bukhaari entitled one of his chapters Baab imaamat al-Maftoon wa�l-Mubtadi� (Chapter on immoral people and innovators leading the prayer), then he narrated (695) from �Ubayd-Allaah ibn �Adiyy ibn Khiyaar that he entered upon �Uthmaan ibn �Affaan (may Allaah be pleased with him) when he was under siege and said: �You are the imam of the people and there has befallen you what we see, and now the imam of fitnah leads us in prayer and we are afraid of committing sin.� He said: �Prayer is the best deed that people can do. If the people do good then do good with them, but if they do evil, then avoid their evil.� 

Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: �The apparent meaning is that he allowed him to pray with them, as if he said: It doesn�t matter that he is an evildoer, rather if he does good then join him in doing good, but avoid him with regard to his evil.  

It was narrated from Sahl ibn Yoosuf al-Ansaari that his father aid: The people did not like to pray behind those who had besieged �Uthmaan, but �Uthmaan said: �Whoever gives the call to prayer, answer him.� 

This clearly points to what he meant when he said, �Prayer is better.� This indicates that he gave permission to pray behind him and this supports the author�s view. 

Al-Haafiz said: These reports indicate that we are encouraged to attend prayers in congregation, especially at times of fitnah (tribulation), otherwise the division will spread even further. 

It also indicates that praying behind someone whom one does not like to pray behind is better than abandoning prayer in congregation. 

AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 2:09pm

Dear Orhan_Osmani,

Do you intend to suggest that we need another "Prophet" to lead our prayers? Incidently, no muslim can be regarded as error free, as all are humans. Ofcourse offering prayer behind imam doesn't mean praying to imam but to Allah alone. Rest Allah knows the best. Cheers!

orhan_osmani View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orhan_osmani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2005 at 8:09am
Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

Dear Orhan_Osmani,

Do you intend to suggest that we need another "Prophet" to lead our prayers? Incidently, no muslim can be regarded as error free, as all are humans. Ofcourse offering prayer behind imam doesn't mean praying to imam but to Allah alone. Rest Allah knows the best. Cheers!

Dear Ahmad,

The way you understood my words is very strange. I know people take literal meaning and digest and then they answer. Did I mention anything about the 'NEW" Prophet? I did not say anything about errors. I mentioned about those liars, who talk nice and their hearts are filled with lies. Errors are for humans, Sin is repeated with acknowlegment, pay interest to the bank, lie in front of the people, etc etc are those are done with consiousness. They are not errors.

Brother, do I look to you like a pagan? By using logic, what is wrong in praying alone? Not behind anyone, in both cases you pray to Allah Alone. Why then you let a liar to lead you in that prayer (if you know that)? If you dont know then be sceptical like I am. Assume like me that it is better to pray alone. Or you continue doing your way and I do it my way.

Indeed Allah SWT knows all (Semiul Bashar) as well humans know some of what He gives.

Wassalam,

OROS

A-Tirawi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Tirawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2005 at 8:37am
Originally posted by Knowledge01 Knowledge01 wrote:

Originally posted by Yusuf. Yusuf. wrote:

Assalamu alaikum,

Allah Knows Best, if you follow the Qur'an and Sunnah of our beloved Prophet, salallahu alaihi wassalam, you are by definition a Sunni Muslim and should have no hesitation about praying with other Sunnis.

However, you might consider following one of the Sunni madhhabs. The following link provides some excellent information on the wisdom of following one:

http://www.themodernreligion.com/madhab.html

Thank you for replying.  My main point was that I DON'T call myself a Sunni, and I don't want to be called a Sunni, not because I don't like or agree with something they believe, because that's not true, but because I want to make sure I stay on the straight path and by going only by the Quran and Sunnah, I know I am on the straight path. 

Can anybody find anything in the Quran that gives me a definite answer on the topic?

Salaam

Ok, i understand what you are trying to say.  You are saying you are simply a Muslim.  But i must ask one question, in ur prior post, u wrote

that I don't want to be called a Sunni, not because I don't like or agree with something they believe

And this implies to me that there are some things that you MAY not agree with sunni?  Is ther anything that you believe as simply a Muslim that the Sunni Muslims do not agree with?

A-Tirawi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Tirawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2005 at 8:54am
Originally posted by orhan_osmani orhan_osmani wrote:

Dear Knowledge01,

I think the simplest answer to you from me would be - pray alone. Today you dont know behind whom you are praying, is he a liar, is he paying interest, and so on. To be on the safe side, pray alone. And I recommend you to be reading the book of Allah SWT only, and strive to achieve closeness to Him Alone through praayers and other iba'dah. He will guide you towards .... His knowledge ... (2:255) and then you will be able to understand Sunnah of the Prophet (SAWS) by the Guide by Allah SWT Himself. Not by books that sometimes might be missleading - and confusing for many new - converts and those who have been muslims for long time.

Many ppl might disagree with me but the way I see things, it is the way I expressed it above. Please do not judge me because you dont know the truth.

Regards,

Orhan

In all due respect Orhan, I believe this too be bad advice.  A person who feels in the way you have just described risks the chance of becoming an introvert that can not trust anyone.  When you give charity to some organizations, we pray to Allah (swt) that it makes its destination.  Sad to say, there are some monies that do not go to where they were intended, but should i quit giving charity?  Of course not because deeds are based on Intention the most.  My intention was good so InshaAllaha I will receive my reward from Him.  The same goes for praying behind the Imams.   If you do not know a particular Imam, it is Haram for you to even think what if he takes usery, what if drinks, what if he does this or that.  THis, my friend, is called in arabic...sou' ithdan.  It to have negative feelings about a person or thing based on nothing but paranoia.  So my fellow brother, i hope you reconsider your thoughts for your sake.  Leading a life of ill trust and paranoia is not good for us.

Salam

firewall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2005 at 3:56pm
for me, i believe it's always better to pray in congregation. if we constantly go to a local mosque, we get to know the people & knowing the imam is not a problem. but in some cases you're right, "Today you dont know behind whom you are praying". the key word is "don't know". he can be a great, pious man either. i just can't really say i'm better than someone i don't know.

there's a hadith:

Narrated Umar bin Al-Khattab R.A.: "People were (sometimes) judged by the revealing of a Divine Inspiration during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger but now there is no longer any more (new revelation). Now we judge you by the deeds you practice publicly, so we will trust and favor the one who does good deeds in front of us, and we will not call him to account about what he is really doing in secret, for Allah will judge him for that; but we will not trust or believe the one who presents to us with an evil deed even if he claims that his intentions were good."

Sahih Bukhari
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic