IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - what should i do?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what should i do?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farheenfatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what should i do?
    Posted: 23 April 2010 at 9:18pm
Assalamalaikum dear sisters,

I'm really depressed nd disheartened as life has been very harsh on me. I feel suicidal too but lack strength to do that.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2010 at 10:51pm
Walaikum Salaam sis

You need to defeat the problems of your life. Allah says in the Qur'an- Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: �We believe,� and will not be tested. Take every day of your life as a test. And kindly remember Allah swt, tests with the burden only that which one can bear. I understand that it's easy for me to sit and write these words, only one who bears these afflictions knows the pain --. I hope these reminders of Qur'anic ayaat help you out

Also sis, sometimes, we do have solution before us, yet we don't look at it. A sort of fear of that may happen in future or all that happened in the past keep us depressed. Don't forget we are to live for TODAY. So leave behind your past and don't think of tomorrow that is yet to come. Live your today. Stay bold, strong and confident and fight with your challenges. Before all these, seek the help of the Lord who created you and me, who promised to remove the distress of those who unto Him.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2010 at 10:52pm
This is the poem which i read for myselves when feel low :

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
when the road you 're travelling seems at uphill,
when your money is low and your debts are high
And you want to smile but you have to sigh

When problems are pushing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but never quit.

Life is strange, with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about
When we might have won if we'd stuck it out;

So stick to your job, though it's going slow-
You may succeed with one more go.

Success is failure turned inside out-
It's a silver lining in the clouds of doubt-
And you never can tell how close you are
Success may be near when it seems to be far;

so keep up your effort when you're hardest hit-
It's when things seem the worst that "'YOU MUST NOT QUIT"

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2010 at 3:00am
Dear Sister, do not fret - take heart ! All these downfalls are a part of life. Yes, sometimes such things happen, that they shake our Imaan . . . and we feel like we have died inside . . . . and that life is over. Cry But Sis, that is what Life is . . . and that is the journey we have to make i.e. stand our ground and face all troubles whilst keeping our faith in Allah. Thats the purpose on earth sister.

The Prophet (PBUH) said: 'The greater reward comes with the greater trial. When Allah loves a person He tests them; whoever accepts that, will earn divine pleasure and whoever is discontent with that will earn divine wrath.' (Tirmidhi: 2396)

Abu Hurayrah radi Allahu anhu reported that the Prophet sallallahu alayhe wa sallamsaid: �Whenever Allah wills good for a person, He subjects him to adversity� [Bukharee and others]Just keep reminding yourself sis, that ALLAH KNOWS BEST. Allah also reminds us by saying:

Verily, that which is with Allah is best for you, if you, but knew all that which is with you is bound to end, whereas all that which is with Allah is everlasting. [an-Nahl 16:95-96.]

Right now it seems to you like this pain is everlasting and does not seem to end . . . but it will sister. Just try and focus on the time when it shall end inshAllah.

Great Prophets and their companions have even suffered hardships sister. Sometimes worse than us . . .

Abu Hurayrah radi Allahu anhu reported that the Prophet said: �Hardships continue to befall a believing man and woman in their body, family, and property, until they meet Allah Subhanahu ta�ala burdened with no sins.� [Tirmithee]

Just continue being patient, and it shall wipe all your sins away, inshAllah.

O you who believe! Seek help in patience and prayer. Truly! Allah is with the patient.�(Quran Verse 153) Surat Al-Baqarah

Abu Hurayrah radi Allahu anhu and Ka�b Bin Maalik radi Allahu anhu reported that the Prophet sallallahu alayhe wa sallam said: �The parable of a believer is that of a fresh and moist plant; the wind tilts it this way and that way; and so is the believer; he continues to be subject to affliction. And the parable of a hypocrite is that of a firm cedar tree; it does not shake � until it is uprooted all at once.� [Bukharee and Muslim]

The prophets and righteous people are afflicted the most, and their rewards are the highest. SubhanAllah, read this sister, and feel good:

Sa�d radi Allahu anhu reported that the Prophet sallallahu alayhe wa sallamsaid: �The most in their suffering among the people are the prophets, then the best, then the (next) best. One is afflicted in accordance with his deen (faith). If his deen is firm his affliction is hard, and if his deen is weak, his affliction is light. Indeed, one would be so much subjected to adversity until he walks among the people without any sins.� [Ahmad, Tirmithee]

Allah Akbar ! So this pain that you and I feel - it is just wiping away our sins sister . . . so we should just try and stick to our Imaan as strong as we can . . . even though Shaitan tries to shake us by saying, Oh look at how Allah has abandoned you, nauzubillah . . . or whatever waswasa or doubts you get - that is the Shaitan whispering. . .

Do take time out and read this article sister, very motivational Ahadith here that actually speak to your soul . . . may Allah reward the compilers of  this site:

http://dailyreminders.org/hardships-benefit-the-believer/

I pray that you inshAllah you see better times as soon as possible, just try and maintain your contact with Allah and don't let it damage your relationship with Him.

Fee amaan Allah sis.

VERILY WITH EVERY HARDSHIP THERE IS RELIEF ( Qur'an 94:5)

Edited by Chrysalis - 24 April 2010 at 3:06am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2010 at 3:08am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

This is the poem which i read for myselves when feel low :

That is a very nice poem sister ! JazakAllah.
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Pati View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2010 at 8:29am
Originally posted by farheenfatima farheenfatima wrote:

Assalamalaikum dear sisters,

I'm really depressed nd disheartened as life has been very harsh on me. I feel suicidal too but lack strength to do that.

Hi dear,

Welcome to the forum.

I supose that you don't want to explain your problems, but maybe that's what you need. The life is not like a fairy tale, and some people have to fight daily to go ahead. I guess that's your role in this life.

But after all, you are here, isn't it? So, maybe there is a reason, and something very good is waiting for you at any point of your life. Maybe it will not be today, nor tomorrow, nor next week... but it will happen suddenly and you will think about this moment in a very different way.

I suggest you to express yourself (it's not necessary to do it in this forum, sure), because sometimes, when you talk about your problems you realize that you are not the only one having that kind of problems.

I heard once a phrase that is very lightness for me: "After every cloud, there are thousand suns"... so just wait for the sun after the cloud and be patient with the life, because sometimes we cannot control it.

I wish you all the best and if I can help you, don't hesitate to ask me.

Hugs,
Patricia
No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
farheenfatima View Drop Down

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farheenfatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2010 at 10:31pm
THANKS to all of u who have replied with positive words The poem is truly inspiring, special thanks for that.

Dear sis pati ur right that i need to explain my problems so that i heal nd find solutions. thanks again.
Pati View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2010 at 4:45am
Originally posted by farheenfatima farheenfatima wrote:

THANKS to all of u who have replied with positive words The poem is truly inspiring, special thanks for that.

Dear sis pati ur right that i need to explain my problems so that i heal nd find solutions. thanks again.

Wink

No need to give thanks. Stay around with us, and maybe in the future, you can help any new or any old member when facing a bad moment. What do you think? Smile

Kind regards,
Patricia

No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic