IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - First Eid, & info.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First Eid, & info.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First Eid, & info.
    Posted: 19 April 2010 at 4:28pm
I am a new Muslim, and no one else in my family is of the religion. 
So i was wondering how i should celebrate the Islamic holidays.  I do have Muslim friends, and i figure they will help me, but can anyone tell me some things about Eid, and so on.  I'm excited as a recent convert ( about one month ago) to celebrate it, but I'd like to get to know more about it.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2010 at 11:17pm
As Salamu alaikum,

Br. Shawn, i guess you are talking about Eid-ul-fitr, a day of eid which comes after one month of fasting. On the day of day of eid, Muslims gather early in the morning in outdoor locations or mosques to perform the Eid prayer. Its's congregational prayer which is followed by a sermon.

After the Eid prayer, Muslims greet each other, and scatter to visit various relatives and friends, These activities traditionally continue for three days. Enjoy the day. Eid is celebrated for 3 days.

Here at Islamicity, we start a spl thread and greet eachother. For me to drop a post wishing everyone eid mubarak, is also a part of celebration. Insha Allah, this eid we will make it more special as it's going to be first eid of yours.

Before that Shawn, keep checking relevant sections, wherein we share articles preparing for Ramdhaan, the month of fasting after which eid comes. This month of fasting is very very auspicious for we us. Insha Allah, shall try to PM you if we share articles pertaining to it.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic