IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is The Bible More Violent Than The Quran?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is The Bible More Violent Than The Quran?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 8:12am
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 8:58am
Yes, most killing has little to do with religion. Which is why people's justifications don;t make sense. And why we all must be careful who to trust maybe?
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2010 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

Salams honeto,

I agree with some of your post, but not all.
My point is that God told prophets what to do..ok, that included killing..I assume for the cause of righteousness.

What is a concern for me in current times is that people do not have a prophet and decide themselves( or listen to extremists) and then we have these bloodbaths. I don't agree that people should just go around killing others, but if what you say is right then I am justified to kill whoever I want to if I say the Quran allows me to do that because it's considered just?

Martha,
what I wanted to clear was two things:
First, what I am saying is that the Biblical commands of killings and destruction cannot be from God. Because one of God's attributes is the Just. God, in my belief will not command anyone to kill innocent people, old, children, babies, even trees? as supposedly commanded in the Bible.
The commands to fight and eliminate those who cause mischief is a just command. The Quran is clear that when those who are fighting you stop their aggression, you stop as well. And take a life only through the way of justice.
Second, I am going to present to you some facts here and before I do that, I want to be clear that anyone who kills or orders to kill innocent lives is wrong and must be condemned and held responsible for their act. Justice should prevail.  Apart from what is on the air, the fact is that in the last three decades alone, its the Muslims that had been the victims. Bosnia, Chechnya, Afghanistan, Iraq are just some examples. Many MILLION Muslims have been killed by what would easily qualify as Christian armies right in front of our eyes with deceptions, in the name of freedom, democracy and so on. The bottom line, the truth is replaced with a staged and well crafted word game to keep people like you to not see the truth and reality so this massacre to continue. 

Hasan

The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

truthnowcome View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2010 at 1:37am
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

Salams honeto,

I agree with some of your post, but not all.
My point is that God told prophets what to do..ok, that included killing..I assume for the cause of righteousness.

What is a concern for me in current times is that people do not have a prophet and decide themselves( or listen to extremists) and then we have these bloodbaths. I don't agree that people should just go around killing others, but if what you say is right then I am justified to kill whoever I want to if I say the Quran allows me to do that because it's considered just?

Martha,
what I wanted to clear was two things:
First, what I am saying is that the Biblical commands of killings and destruction cannot be from God. Because one of God's attributes is the Just. God, in my belief will not command anyone to kill innocent people, old, children, babies, even trees? as supposedly commanded in the Bible.
The commands to fight and eliminate those who cause mischief is a just command. The Quran is clear that when those who are fighting you stop their aggression, you stop as well. And take a life only through the way of justice.
Second, I am going to present to you some facts here and before I do that, I want to be clear that anyone who kills or orders to kill innocent lives is wrong and must be condemned and held responsible for their act. Justice should prevail.  Apart from what is on the air, the fact is that in the last three decades alone, its the Muslims that had been the victims. Bosnia, Chechnya, Afghanistan, Iraq are just some examples. Many MILLION Muslims have been killed by what would easily qualify as Christian armies right in front of our eyes with deceptions, in the name of freedom, democracy and so on. The bottom line, the truth is replaced with a staged and well crafted word game to keep people like you to not see the truth and reality so this massacre to continue. 

Hasan

Salaam brother Hasan!

Just a clip of the old news:

Link: The Despoiling Of America

How George W. Bush became the head of the new American Dominionist Church/State

Clip:

The First Prince of the Theocratic States of America

It happened quietly, with barely a mention in the media. Only the Washington Post dutifully reported it.[1] And only Kevin Phillips saw its significance in his new book, American Dynasty.[2] On December 24, 2001, Pat Robertson resigned his position as President of the Christian Coalition.

Behind the scenes religious conservatives were abuzz with excitement. They believed Robertson had stepped down to allow the ascendance of the President of the United States of America to take his rightful place as the head of the true American Holy Christian Church.

Robertson�s act was symbolic, but it carried a secret and solemn revelation to the faithful. It was the signal that the Bush administration was a government under God that was led by an anointed President who would be the first regent in a dynasty of regents awaiting the return of Jesus to earth. The President would now be the minister through whom God would execute His will in the nation. George W. Bush accepted his scepter and his sword with humility, grace and a sense of exultation.

As Antonin Scalia, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court explained a few months later, the Bible teaches and Christians believe �� that government �derives its moral authority from God. Government is the �minister of God� with powers to �revenge,� to �execute wrath,� including even wrath by the sword��[3]

George W. Bush began to wield the sword of God�s revenge with relish from the beginning of his administration, but most of us missed the sword play. I have taken the liberty to paraphrase an illustration from Leo Strauss, the father of the neo-conservative movement, which gives us a clue of how the hiding is done:

�One ought not to say to those whom one wants to kill, �Give me your votes, because your votes will enable me to kill you and I want to kill you,� but merely, �Give me your votes,� for once you have the power of the votes in your hand, you can satisfy your desire.�[4]

Notwithstanding the advice, the President�s foreign policy revealed a flair for saber rattling. He warned the world that �nations are either with us or they�re against us!� His speeches, often containing allusions to biblical passages, were spoken with the certainty of a man who holds the authority of God�s wrath on earth, for he not only challenged the evil nations of the world, singling out Iraq, Syria, Iran, and North Korea as the �axis of evil,� but he wielded the sword of punishment and the sword of revenge against his own people: the American poor and the middle class who according to the religious right have earned God�s wrath by their licentiousness and undisciplined lives.

End of quote

---------------------------

And he also has his flock to help him: American Christian Fundamentalist Leader Calls For Global War),

By David Corn

13/03/08 "Mother Jones" -- -- Senator John McCain hailed as a spiritual adviser an Ohio megachurch pastor who has called upon Christians to wage a "war" against the "false religion" of Islam with the aim of destroying it.

tnc

LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL...NO MORE LIES!
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 5:45pm
Salam TNC,
thanks for the clips.
Every act shows the intention behind. Doesn't matter how it is portrayed.
Some times you think, may be not knowing was better, but how can you look away from reality when it is revealed to you?
It looks as if Hitler and his evil forces are born again, only this time much bigger and more violent, not to mention under the cover of a savior to this world.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

truthnowcome View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2010 at 12:13am
Salaam!

They don't teach Christians the truth, George Bush is there leader as clearly stated in his apointment to office; he is head of the "Christian colation". That is the unifing Christian's Churches body.

salaam!
LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL...NO MORE LIES!
docbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote docbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2013 at 10:41am
http://bloggingtheology.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/quran3.jpg

Edited by docbro - 22 October 2013 at 10:43am
Al Saadiqeen21 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Saadiqeen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2013 at 2:26pm
Take a look for yourself
Have you Ever Notice how often Christian God surpasses his general rule of An Eye For An Eye for Over-kill ? Jesus says to Kill anyone who Curses their Parents , Reaffirms Moses , Who spoke for God . Matthew 15 ; 4 , States And I Quote ; For God Commanded , saying , Honor thy Father and Mother and , he that Curseth Father or Mother Let Him Die The Death .

Jesus Kills A Fig Tree , Matthew 21 ; 18 - 19 , States And I Quote ; Now in the morning as he returned into the city , he Hungered .  Verse 19 . And when he saw a A Fig Tree  in the way , he came to it , and found nothing thereon , but leaves only , and said unto it , Let No Fruit Grow  on thee henceforward forever . And presently the Fig Tree Withered Away .  Also Refer To Mark 11 ; 12 - 14 , 20 , States And I Quote ;  And on the morrow , when they were come from Bethany  , he was Hungry . Verse 13 . And seeing a Fig Tree  afar off might find anything thereon ; and when he came to it , he found nothing but leaves for the Time  of Fig  was not yet . Verse 14 . And Jesus and his Disciples  heard it . Verse 20 . And in the morning , as they passed by , they saw the Fig Tree  dried up from the roots .  [ Note is this the action of a sane man ? ]

Jesus on Sexual Immorality , Adultery , and Child Abuse , Revelation 2 ; 20 - 23 , States And I Quote ; Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee , because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel which called herself a Prophetess To Teach  and to seduce my Servants  to commit fornication , and to eat things sacrificed unto idols . Verse 21 . And I gave her Space  to Repent of her fornication ; and she repented not . Verse 22 . Behold , I will cast her into a bed , and them that commit Adultery with her into great Tribulation ,  except they repent of their Deeds .
Verse 23 . And I will Kill Her Children With Death  ; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the Reins and Hearts and I will give unto every one of you according to your Works .

( 1 ) . Capital Punishment Crimes ; - Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests . Deuteronomy 17 ; 12 ,  States And I Quote ; And the man that will do Presumptuously  and Will Not Hearken  unto the Priest that standeth to Minister  there before the Lord  thy God  or unto the judge , even that Man Shall Die ;  and thou shalt put away the evil from Israel .

Kill Witches ;-  Exodus 22 ; 18 , States And I Quote ; Thou Shalt  not Suffer Witch  to Live .

Kill Homosexuals ; -  Leviticus 20 ; 13 , States And I Quote ; If a man also Lie  with Man Kind
as he Lieth  with a Woman both of them have Committed  an Abomination  they shall surely be put to Death ; their blood shall be upon them .

Kill Fortunetellers ; -   Leviticus 20 ;27 ,  States And I Quote ; A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit , or that is a Wizard  , shall surely be Put To Death ; they shall Stone Them With Stones ;  their blood shall be upon them .

Death For Hitting Dad ; - Exidus 21 ; 15 , States And I Quote ;  And He That Smiteth his Father  or his Mother  shall be surely Put To Death .

( 1 ) . Death For Cursing Parents ; - Proverbs 20 ; 20 , States And I Quote ; Whoso Curseth  his Father  or his Mother  his Lamp  shall be put put in obscure Darkness .
( 2 ) .  Leviticus 20 ; 9,  States And I Quote ;  For every one that Curseth  his Father   or his Mother  shall be surely put to Death ; he hath Cursed  his Father  or his Mother  his Blood shall be upon him . [ They Are Guilty Of A Capital Offense ]

Death For Adultery ;- Leviticus 20 ; 10 ,  States And I Quote ; And the Man that Committeth Adultery  with another Man's Wife  even he that Committeth Adultery  with his Neighbor Wife  the Adulterer  and the  Adulterer  shall surely be put to Death .

Death For Fornication ; -  Leviticus 21 ; 9 ,  States And I Quote ;  And the Daughter  of any Priest  , if she Profance herself by Playing The Whore  she Profaneth Her Father  ; she Shall Be Burnt With Fire .

Death To Followers Of Other Religions ; - Exodus 22 ; 20 ,  States And I Quote ; He That Sacrificeth  unto Any God  save unto the Lord Only  , he Shall Be Utterly Destroyed .

Kill Nonbelievers ; -  2Chronicles 15 ; 12 - 13 , States And I Quote ;  And they entered into a Covenant  to seek the Lord God  of their Fathers  with all their heart and with all their soul . Verse 13 . That whosoever would Not Seek The Lord God Of Israel Should Be Put To Death whether small or great whether Man or Woman .

Kill False Prophets ; -  Zechariah 13 ; 3 ,States And I Quote ; And it shall come to pass , that when Any  shall yet Prophesy  , then his Father  and his Mother  that Begat Him  shall say unto him , Thou Shalt  not Live  for thou Speakest Lies  in the Name  of the Lord ; and his Father  and his Mother  that Begat Him  Shall Thrust Him Through  when he Prophesieth .  

Kill The Entire Town If One Person Worships Another God ; -   Deuteronomy 13 ; 13 - 19 , States And I Quote ; Certain Men  the Children  of Belial  are gone out from among you , and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city , saying . Let us go and Serve Other Gods which ye have not known . Verse 14 . Then shalt thou inquire , and make search , and Ask Diligently and , behold , if it be Truth and the Thing certain , that such abomination Is Wrought Among  you . Verse 15 . Thou Shalt  surely Smite The Inhabitants Of That City  with the Edge Of The Sword Destroying It Utterly , and all that is therein , and the Cattle  thereof , with the Edge Of The Sword  . Verse 16 . And thou Shalt Gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof , and Shalt Burn With Fire The City ,  And all the spoil thereof every Whit  for the Lord Thy God ;  and it shall be an heap Forever it shall not be built again . Verse 17 . And there shall cleave Naught  of the Cursed Thing to thine hand ; that the Lord  may turn from the fierceness of his anger , and show thee mercy , and Have Compassion  upon thee , and multiply thee , as he Hath Sworn  unto thy fathers ; Verse 18 . When thou shalt hearken to the voice of the Lord Thy God , to keep all his commandments which I Command   thee this Day  to do that which is right in the eyes of the Lord Thy God .

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night ;-   Deuteronomy 22 ; 20 - 21 , States And I Quote ; But if this Thing  be True ,  and the tokens of Virginity  be not found for the Damsel . Verse 21 . They they shall bring out the Damsel  to the door of her Father's House ,  and the Men of Her City  shall Stone Her With Stones  that she Die  , Because she Hath Wrought  folly in Israel , to Play The Whore  in her father house ; so shalt thou evil way from among you .

Kill Followers Of Other Religions ; -  Deuteronomy 13 ; 7 - 12 ,States And I Quote ; Namely of the gods of the People  which are round about you night unto thee , or far off from thee , from the one end of the Earth even unto the other end of the earth . Verse 8 . Thou Shalt  not Consent  unto him , nor Hearken  unto him ; neither shall thine eye pity him , neither shalt thou spare , neither Shalt thou Conceal  . Verse 9 . But thou shalt surely kill him  thine Hand  shall be First upon him to Put Him To Death , and afterwards the hand of all the people . Verse 10 .
And thou shalt stone him with stones that he Die  , because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the Lord thy God , which brought thee out of the land of Egypt , from the house of bonfage . Verse 11 . And all Israel Shalt Hear  and fear , and shall do no more any such Wickedness as this is among you . Verse 12 . If thou shalt hear say in one of thy cities which the Lord thy God  hath given thee to dwell there , saying .

( 2 ) . Deuteronomy 17 ; 2 - 5 , States And I Quote ; If there be found Among  you within any of thy gates which the Lord thy God giveth thee , Man  or Woman that Hath Wrought Wickedness in the sight of the Lord thy God in Transgressing  his Covenant . Verse 3 . And haith gone and Served other gods and Worshiped them either the sun , or moon , or any of the Host of Heaven which I Have  not Commanded . Verse 4 . And it Betold thee , and thou Hast Heard of it , and inquired Diligently and behold , it be true , and the thing certain ; that such abomination is wrought in Israel , Verse 5 . Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman , which have committed that Wicked thing , unto thy gates , even that man or that woman , and shalt stone them with stones , till they Die .

Death For Blasphemy ;- Leviticus 24 ; 10 -16 , States And I Quote ; And the son of an Israelitish Woman whose father was an Egyptain , went out among the children of Israel and this son of the Israelitish woman and a man of Israel  strove together in the Camp . Verse 11 . And the  Israelitish woman's son Blasphemed the name of the Lord  and Cursed  . And they brought him unto Moses ; ( and his mother's name was Shelomith , the daughter of Dibri , of the Tribe of Dan ; ) . Verse  12 . And they put him in ward that the Mind of the Lord might be showed them . Verse 13 . And the Lord spake unto Moses saying . Verse 14 . Bring forth him that hath cursed without the camp ; and let all that Heard  him lay their Hands upon his Head  and let all the Congregation stone him . Verse . 15 . And thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel , saying , Whosoever  Curseth  his God Shalt Beat  his sin . Verse 16 . And he that Blasphemeth  the name of the Lord , he shall surely be put to death , and all the congregation shall certainly stone him ; as well the Stranger  as he that is born in the land , when he Blasphemeth  the name of the Lord , Shall Be Put To Death .

Kill False Prophets ; -  Deuteronomy 13 ; 1 - 5 , States And I Quote ; If there arise Among you a Prophet  or a dreamer of dreams , and giveth thee a Sign   or a wonder , Verse 2 . And the sign or the wonder come to pass , whereof he Spake unto thee saying , Let us go after other gods which thou Hast  not Known  and let us Serve  them . Verse 3 . Thou Shalt  not Hearken  unto the Words  of that Prophet ,  or that dreamer of dreams ; for the Lord  your God Proveth you , to know whether ye Love  the Lord  your God  with all your Heart  and with all your Soul .
Verse 4 . Ye shall walk after the Lord  your God . and Fear  him and Keep  his commandments , and Obey his voice , and ye shall serve him , and cleave unto him . Verse 5 . And that Prophet  , or that dreamer of dreams , Shall Be Put To Death  because he Hath Spoken  to Turn  you Away from the Lord  your God which brought you out of the land of Egypt  , and Redeemed  you out of the House  of Bondage  to thrust thee out of the Way which the Lord  thy God Commanded thee to walk in . So shalt thou put the Evil  away from the midst of thee .

Deuteronomy 18 ; 20 - 22 , States And I Quote ; But the Prophet , which shall presume to speak a word in my name ,which I have not commanded him to speak , or that shall speak in the name of other gods  even that Prophet shall die . Verse 21 . And if thou Say  in thine heart , How Shall we Know the word which the Lord hath not spoken . Verse 22 . When a Prophet speaken in the name of the Lord , if the thing follow not , nor Come To Pass  , that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken , but the Prophet  hath spoken it Presumptuously thou Shall  not Be Afraid of him .

One doesn't go to school let His / her's mind to die , They go to school so that their mind will come alive .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic