IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help me to Understand  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help me to Understand

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 8:22am
Salaams,

This may be an odd question? Are you suffering from depression? Some people need "other help." Have you thought of this? Feeling sadness is normal, extensive and ongoing is not healthy for us.. Could you be suffering from depression?

My Duas for you.
Hayfa
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
gynks79 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gynks79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 8:29am
Salaam Hayfa,
I would guess mine is a form of depression yes.  Sometimes life just brings too much at one time.  You know my dad was the one I would go to when things seemed to be so much for me, but he's gone, and that does not change the fact things will continue to happen as we live.  Its just that I'm  not and never was good at dealing with them alone.
Fatimah
gynks79 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gynks79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 8:44am
I actually called the mosque that I attend in hopes to speaking to the Imam for guidance, but no one has returned my call, I sent an email to another mosque and explained generally my needs and again  no one responded.  The world has truly changed, people can often times be very disappointing.  then again, maybe I'm expecting too much.
Fatimah
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 9:01am
As Salamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah

Sis Fatimah, i really pray that Allah swt ease your problems and bless you with contentment and happiness

You must have read many a times this hadith that Dua is a weapon of a believer. Alhamdullilah, you have been making duas.

Sister here are two authentic duas, which are my weapons while am distressed

Allahumma rahmata arjoo fa la takilni ila nafsi tarfat ayn w�aslih li sha�ni kullahu la ilaha illa anta

Trans: O Allah, for your mercy I hope, so do not leave in charge of my affairs even for the blink of an eye: rectify all my affairs. There is no God except You.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 9:03am

La ilaha ill-Allah al-Azeem al-Hakeem, laa ilaha ill-Allah Rabb al �Arsh al-�Adheem la ilaha illa-Allah Rabb al-Samawat wa Rabb al Ard wa Rabb al-Arsh al-kareem

Trans: There is no God but Allah, the All-powerful. The Forbearing; There is no god but Allah. Rabb of the mighty throne; there is no god but Allah, Rabb of heaven,Rabb of earth, Rabb of the nobel throne.

As well this dua this sis Fatima :

Ya hayyu ya qayyum bi rahmatika astagheetu

Trans: O Ever-Living , O Eternal, by Your mercy I seek help.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
gynks79 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gynks79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 9:09am
Thank you. I too pray constantly, even in my work day.  In the night I wake and pray and pray and each morning for a reason i do not know.  I am waken at 5:30 am exact time each morning.  So I rise and clean my body and pray and talk to Allah.  I ask for his help constantly.  and thank you as well
fatimah
gynks79 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gynks79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 9:11am
Alhamduliallah! thank you so much, I will pray with this request to Allah. Please pray for my strength.
fatimah
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 9:17am

Right now sis, can you go out to meet any of good friends / relatives who really care you, or if its not possible to reach them, make calls to them.

Sis, as said earlier, the biggest achievement is contentment. Ask Allah swt for that. Make duas about this sister, you shall really find difference. Infact when we seek help of humans be it our relatives or friends, they may help us but at times they get vexed of us. But our Creator, infact feels happy when we ask Him.

And don't forget this hadith sis Fatimah that �When Allah wants to be good to someone, He tries him with some hardship.�

The dua shared above - La ilaha ill-Allah --- was the dua Prophet {sallal lahu alayhi wasallam} used to make while in distress or sorrow. So kindly keep reciting it all the time.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic