IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help me to Understand  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help me to Understand

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 6:41am
Assalamu alaikum Sr. Nausheen - Ahlan!
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 1:49am
Bismillah,
Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah dear sister Fatimah,

I read most of your posts, may Allah give you strength and increase you in imaan, ameen.

The advice you get here is very beautiful, perhaps you will find my input quite dry, but would like to share some thoughts with you.

Dear sister, there are many people in this life who are alone, but to feel lonely comes from within us. I know that Allah has created us humans such that we find peace and tranquility in a partner, but if He has not decreed a partner for us, does not mean He has not decreed peace and tranquility for us.

On a spiritual level, He created the ruh from His essence, so its ture peace is experienced in unity with Him. Allah is in your heart, closer than your juglar vein, so reach Him, and you will find peace - happiness - contentment and everything the heart desires to be happy and gay. Trust me sister, you can find your happiness in your heart, you have to turn inward not look around for it.

Allah has said in the Quran that in His rememberance do hearts find rest. So when our hearts are not at rest, there must be something missing in our rememberance of Him ... Im not blaming you of anything sister, just ponder on the verse.

When I m exhausted and depressed in life, my mother reminds me, happy or sad, healthy or sick, rich or poor, everyone has a destination, and we are all moving to that goal everyday. The purpose of He creating us was not to find happiness or a partner, its to serve Allah, and to purify our hearts - to seek His countenance. This is such  a monumental job that if we get busy, we wont have time to get sad over the loses we see as big.
And the return in getting busy over this is a sweetness in the heart that is delivered by the Almighty because of His good pleasure with us

So dear sister, seek your purpose in life - the purpose for which all of us are created, and inshAllah He will deliver you from your pain.

Please keep us in your duas.

nausheen
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
gynks79 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gynks79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 12:08pm
Salaam sister,
when I read your words I feel i am in a quiet, peaceful gentle place.  I wish I am so smart and strong as you my sister, but I am glad Allah love me enough to send you to me.  Hamduliallah!  I take your words seriously and to my mind and heart and I thank you so much dear sister.  You know I must tell you, my sister that I say have lot of materials.  She has been sick, since last year, it happen all of a sudden, no one knew, she is one who take good care of herself, eat well not much, exercise each day, but she go to doctor last year and he say he must remove her kidney for cancer.  We were so shocked dear sister.  my natural sister is so little person, she has always been but not more little.  she worry so much after this operation, I try to talk to her and tell her lot of Allah and to talk with him and ask for his help, she does listen to me, but I am so worried of her, i know she is so afraid this cancer will return.   I talk to her last night, she just does not know what to do, she is fine and back to work but her mind is so full of thoughts and fears.  I don't know how to help her dear sisters and brothers, please tell me what I can do?  I pray and i ask Allah what can I do for her?  she say the doctor told her if she did not come last year, she would have died possible in 2 years.  I can not imagine this thought.  it make me sick to think of it, please brothers and sisters, what can i do to help my natural sister?  I want her mind to have peace and calm, pleasse make prayer for her, please, please her name is Monica.  thank you all so much.
Fatimah
Ukhti S. View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ukhti S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 12:07pm
Bismillahi Ar Rahmani Ar Rahim - In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious and the Most Merciful

Wa Alaykumusalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu My Dear Sister in Islam!

I hope everything is great with you! May Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) grant you with the best of health and increase your emaan (faith), Ameen!

First of all, I would like to warmly welcome you to Islam (even though it was years ago you converted) and I am happy that I gained another dear sister! A HUGE teddybear hug from me to you! Smile

Originally posted by gynks79 gynks79 wrote:

salaam my dear sister,
I get your letter only today, tuesday.  I want to thank you so much in the name of Allah, for taking the time to feel my heart and my words.  to know what my feeling are and to make prayer for me and my family. Yes i know my depression is deep and yes I pray to Allah and talk to him much in each day and night.  It bring me peace and calm.  thank you for your prayers for my father, I miss him so much.  I know that all what you say is true and the surahs that you send to me are so beautiful and good.  I appreciate them so much sister.  Its hard for me because I am alone mostly in my religion here.  My family is all christian but me and my son, so its hard to talk to them and for them to feel me in this way.  but I thank Allah for all my sisters and brothers here hamduliallah!  thank you for your kindness and your feelings of heart, I wish i can just sit in the company of all of you, even if we say nothing, just to sit with you would be enough for me to feel the strength of Allah more.  Please continue to pray for me, I need that so much, I don't know where my life will go but I ask Allah to help me.  I pray Allah to bless you, ALL OF YOU and your families forever. 
Shokran sister.
Fatimah

I am glad to hear that you feel well and happy with being here, Alhamdulilah! Surely, it is great to be befriended with Muslim Sisters and Brothers, MashaAllah!

The Words of Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) are truly very Beautiful and they are very informative and beneficial, SubhanAllah! Reciting the Words of Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) does surely bring you also peace and calmness and besides that, you will get very much good reward for it by Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa). Try to recite it every day, on your way to work or while you make the dishes or anything.

I deeply understand you my dear sister that it can be difficult and hard to talk to a family member who is a nonmuslim, they don't understand and feel you as a Muslim Sister or Brother do. But don't take it hard on yourself in that matter. Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) knows you more than anyone else, so turn yourself to Him and seek Guidance from Him! Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) is truly every Mu'min's (Believer's) Al Waliyy (Best Friend), and Al Wahhab (The Bestower), so May Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) bestow His Mercy and Love upon you and May Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) guide your family to the right path, Ameen!!

But also remember that it is a test from Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa), many times in life we face hardships, but stay strong and keep your faith in Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) and InshaAllah ease will come after that and you will be rewarded with plenty of goodness and blessings!

I suggest you my dear sister, that even though your family is nonmuslim, try to talk with them about Islam a little bit once in a while. Every Muslim has the duty to do Da'wah (calling people towards Islam), even telling that Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) is the One is Da'wah!!

Tell them about the beauty of Islam, and that Harmony and Peace and Love you get in your soul for surrendering and submitting yourself in true obedience and in a sincere way to the One and only Who is worthy of all worship!

And the most important thing as a Muslim is to please Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa).
Try to be the best with your mother, even if she is not very nice. Every Muslim has to be obedient and nice towards their parents, especially their mothers. You can tell your mother about the high status a mother has in Islam.

As you mentioned in an earlier post that you have a sister who is very materialistic, who have several cars etc. Try to talk with her and convince her that materials are nothing. That one day we will all die, and that none of our materials will follow with us to death, they simply bring nothing good to our life except for giving the feeling of "pride" that you own a metal piece who can after some years be rotten steal.

"The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception" [The Qur'an; Chapter 3 (Al Imran - The Family of Imran) : Verse 185]

Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) tells us in the Noble Qur'an;
"So, whatever thing you have been given in this world it is but (for) enjoyment of the worldly life. But what is with Allah is better and more lasting for those who have believed and upon their Lord rely" [The Qur'an; Chapter 42 (Ash Shuraa - Consultation) : Verse 36]

Meaning that everything in this life is nothing compared to next life, and people in this life get hung up in these things in this life that when something gets wrong they tend to freak out and think that it is the end of the world. But no, it is not the end of the world. Whatever you have been given is Mata'a (in arabic) which means that something you use but you don't neccessarily enjoy.
Back in the times, the acient arabs used to use a brush to scrape dishes with. It is something you use but you don't say "WOW, what an amazing brush!" because it is not something you neccessarily enjoy; like a fork, a shuffle etc these are examples of Mata'a in arabic.

From the verse above, Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) Says that everything in this world, everything we have been given is Mata'a.
In other words it is something for us to use for a higher purpose and the thing to enjoy is in the next life.
Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) Tells us; "But what is with Allah is better".
So, what Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) tells us from this verse is that whatever we have in this world, Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) has something much better than that.
For example you have youth, strength or ability, Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) will give you better of those things. So, the message we get is that we should not get caught up on these worldly things we have.
As great as these things are, Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) has it better!

But, Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) Has added another adjective into the verse, which is Abqa, and that means that it is much more everlasting. In other words; everything in this life is temporary.
For example you have health, but it will start withering away. You have strength, it starts weakening. You have a nice car, it starts getting problems. You have friends, they disappear or move to another place or you drift away and have your own lives.
Everything you have in this life and that you enjoy doesn't last.
So Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) says why don't you work for something  (1) that is better and (2) last longer.
But for those who? It is for those who have believed and upon their Lord rely.

Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) does not only mean "believers" in general when talking about that verse, even though it is included. But it is also for those believers who believe in that these worldly things are not as good as those things in the next life.  And it is also for those who upon their Lord rely as mentioned in the verse. It takes a lot of trust in Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa)  to really believe that what He is offering you in the next life is something you haven't even seen or even touched or smelled, only heard about and that is enough for you to trust on Allah's (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) Words.

May Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) strengthen our emaan (faith) and so we don't get caught up on the worldly things, Ameen!

Tell her about what Islam tells us about death and that neither of our materials nor our rank of the society will save the us from death as Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) Tells us in the Noble Qur'an;
"Every soul shall have the taste of death" [The Qur'an; Chapter 29 (Al Ankabut - The Spider) : Verse 57]

InshaAllah, eventually your family will be guided by Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) to the right path too as you were guided.

But seriously, my dear sister. As I mentioned earlier, and as I understand from your latest post, your depression is deep. If it is so deep and very serious, I really suggest you to consult a doctor because it could have some physical affects. InshaAllah nothing will happen and Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) will grant you with the best of health and fill your days with happiness and love and peace (Ameen), but I am worried about you. Some things are better to not leave aside, such as deep depression.

And May Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) gather us all in Paradise, Ameen Ya Rabbal'alameen! There we will have great company of each other and feel the bliss and odour of Paradise, InshaAllah!

I love you dearly for the sake of Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa).
I would like to give you another HUGE teddybear hug for being so strong and kind hearted, MashaAllah! Big%20smile 

Take Care and Stay Blessed and Stay Strong!
As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

PS. Next time you reply to me, I would like to see a smile from you! Smile
Remember; Smiling is a Sunnah from the Beloved Prophet Muhammad (Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Salam - Allah's Praise and Peace be upon him).

Edited by Ukhti S. - 28 April 2010 at 3:24pm
Ukhti S. View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ukhti S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 10:37am
Bismillahi Ar Rahmani Ar Rahim - In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious and the Most Merciful

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu Dear Sister!

I hope everything is great with you! May Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) grant you with the best of health and give you "hidayath", Ameen!

Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

Walaikum Salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu
Stay active sis.

Masha Allah, you write so well. I liked your signature as well, May your posts be source of guidance and add knowledge to us.

Wasalaam

InshaAllah I will do my best to stay active, but I cannot promise I will. :)

Baraka Allah Feeki dear sister. May we all benefit from each others' posts and grow in the deen (religion) together and May Allah (subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) bless us with goodness for sharing knowledge and helping each others, Ameen.

Take Care and Stay Blessed!
Wa Alaykumusalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

gynks79 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gynks79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2010 at 5:39am
salaam my dear sister,
I get your letter only today, tuesday.  I want to thank you so much in the name of Allah, for taking the time to feel my heart and my words.  to know what my feeling are and to make prayer for me and my family. Yes i know my depression is deep and yes I pray to Allah and talk to him much in each day and night.  It bring me peace and calm.  thank you for your prayers for my father, I miss him so much.  I know that all what you say is true and the surahs that you send to me are so beautiful and good.  I appreciate them so much sister.  Its hard for me because I am alone mostly in my religion here.  My family is all christian but me and my son, so its hard to talk to them and for them to feel me in this way.  but I thank Allah for all my sisters and brothers here hamduliallah!  thank you for your kindness and your feelings of heart, I wish i can just sit in the company of all of you, even if we say nothing, just to sit with you would be enough for me to feel the strength of Allah more.  Please continue to pray for me, I need that so much, I don't know where my life will go but I ask Allah to help me.  I pray Allah to bless you, ALL OF YOU and your families forever. 
Shokran sister.
Fatimah
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2010 at 4:41am
Walaikum Salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Stay active sis.

Masha Allah, you write so well. I liked your signature as well, May your posts be source of guidance and add knowledge to us.

Wasalaam
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Ukhti S. View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ukhti S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2010 at 2:16am
Bismillahi Ar Rahmani Ar Rahim - In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious and the Most Merciful

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu!

Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

JazakAllahu khayr for writing to her so beautifully. I wish she soon reads this. Insha Allah, she shall regain her lost spirits. She was very much depressed last time--

Wa Iyyaki Smile

BarakaAllah Feeki, sister. I understand she was much depressed, and I hope that she is feeling much better now, InshaAllah.

Take Care and Stay Blessed!
Wa Alaykumusalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic