IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Some doubts  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some doubts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some doubts
    Posted: 12 March 2010 at 11:19am
Confused Assalam Walaikum,
I'd like to discuss about sentences and things about the Qur'an.
I've come accross a verse, which said "...who made the heavens and the earth...". I'd like to know whether the heaven was already created.
If you'd like to know more details about this question, please make a reply.
Thankyou.Smile P.S. This is just a small question, regarding about the Qur'an!

seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2010 at 7:18pm
Walaikum Salaam Werty

Welcome to Islamicity. Wishing you a very happy stay.

Heavens and earth were created before the creation of man. Read this ayah :

"And when thy Lord said unto the angels: Lo! I am about to place a viceroy in the earth, they said: Wilt thou place therein one who will do harm therein and will shed blood, while we, we hymn Thy praise and sanctify Thee ? He said: Surely I know that which ye know not"

Note the words : Viceroy of earth {which clears us that earth was already created before man was created' If you remember there are other ayaat in Qur'an wherein Allah says as how He created skies and earth.

When Allah desired to create Adam He addressed the angels Allah said that He was going to create Man and appoint him as His representative on earth. As soon as the creation was accomplished and He had bestowed Adam with His spirit, He told them to bow down in obedience to Adam. The angels who considered themselves to be superior to Adam on account of their closeness to the Creator Himself, were surprised at this instruction to bow down in obedience to a creature that was molded from earth materials.

They said to Allah, "You are appointing a being as your vicegerent who would bring unrest and blood shed on earth, whereas we, who have been immersed in your worship were more deserving to receive this honor.

So all these explain us that earth was already created.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Revolution777 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revolution777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 12:34pm
In Quraan, God Promise Good Believers The Heaven (Jana) while describing it, So its already created.
Just do that you know In Qurran it was mentioned that God Created the Earth and the Skies (sky = Heaven) in 6 Days.
rememberallah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rememberallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 1:36pm
i think werty you have by mistake built your sentence wrong, i think you are asking that wether paradise is there or not right now in existence while we are on this earth.
paradise is already there in existence. but i think the verse you are quoting is not talking about paradise, the heaven over there indicates the universe. i would like to clear that in translations when you read "heaven", it does not mean paradise but it means the sky/universe.
when the sentence construction is "heavens and earth" it means the talk is going on about universe.
when the sentence is "earth and heavens" the talk is going on about atmosphere.
hopefully it will help you in your Quran study.
pls also go through my other posts in different sections if you are trying to understand Quranic concepts.
peace be on you
take care.

The whole world is like Hazrat Umar but no one is like his sister and brother in law.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic