IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Looking for opinions  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for opinions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for opinions
    Posted: 27 July 2005 at 1:11pm
Good day all,
My name is Jeremy Loome and I'm a reporter in Edmonton, Canada, writing for the Sun Media group. I'm working on some stories related to terrorism and security and would like to solicit opinions from any young Muslims with respect to:

a) Participation in foreign conflicts and the desire to fight abroad.

b) Anger or antipathy towards Canada's involvement in the U.S-led coalition;

c) Support for activities labelled as 'terrorism' by much of the world.

d) the nature of Islam and how best to fulfill the mandate of Jihad (using the definition of a holy campaign of spiritual revolution,) whether that comes through force or through peaceful methods.

My email if you would like to write is [email protected] Ideally, however, I'd like people to contact me personally by calling me at (780) 468-0158.

My role does not include getting into debates, so anyone calling in need of an argument or to rant without knowing why they hold such a position and being able convey it will be wasting their time and, for about five seconds, mine.

But if you have a position on these subjects that you would like to put forward reasonably or with genuine passion, it will help me in my quest to produce as much balance in the final articles as possible.

Thank you for your time,

Jeremy
Noah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 3:10pm
Hello Jeremy

Im not much for entering any armed conflict. Not because im afraid or cold harted, but to be honest. perfectly honest i think both sides are full of ______ and extreme in their rethorics.
But i have started to wonder if i should go and participate in an active way, because the global financial cabal has gone way over the line with afghanistan and iraq. Im not saying that saddam is wanted, he was evil to the bone. But the whole thing about 9/11 smells, first it is bin laden (whom to my best knowledge is still on the run), then it was saddams fault and they managed to find him in a hole in the middle of the desert...do you kow how big Iraq is???  If anyone is ganing from it, it is carlyle group, halliburton and all the other of the Bush gang, and saudi freinds. Who are all into dealing arms (through carlyle), oil and what not. I fail to see in any perspective how muslims any place have gained as much as an iota out of this. And in Iraq, they now have their very own puppet government wich naturally piss people off even more.  You as western press, should be ashamed of yourself. The coverage of what is going on down there is simply skewed and distorted. you lie to your own people, how do you expect us to trust you then? We get repports from down there, from our frustrated brothers and sisters, and they are not extremist at all, but they are extremely sorry that they are being robbed of their resources and freedom, while at the same time being the victim of people struck by insanity who go about and blow themself up.

Quote b) Anger or antipathy towards Canada's involvement in the U.S-led coalition;

Im not angry at canada. But i think you are all incredibly dumb. To fall for this whole, "to free Iraq from that evil man" ...look, evil men are everywhere, and saddam was a lion without teeth. Not even his neighbours was afraid of him since the first gulf war. Canada being pat of it, well thats your problem. But if people get angry at you and start attacking you, i can fully understand why. Many people see the coalition as the true aggressors. Even people who arent bin ladens.
You have really, really stepped over the line now as a coalition.

Quote c) Support for activities labelled as 'terrorism' by much of the world.

Here is the definition of the word terrorism according to your own language dictionaries.

ter�ror�ism   Audio pronunciation of "terrorism" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (tr-rzm)
n.
The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

So now you have started playing word games on us huh?
Did US not enter afghanistan and iraq without actual consent from the UN? wouldnt that make the war illigal by your own rules? Then in this illegal war, the people of the land is terrorised by bombs destrying their property unlawfully, and all to impose on them the western democratic political ideology?
I despise all use of terrorism, in any way shape or form nomatter if you do it (and call it a good thing) or we do it (and then its a bad thing).

I heard blair say on the news that the difference between your killers and ours are that you regret it. I mean, this man is a f**king idiot, how can i he say something like that? Does that mean that if a mujahideen shoots an american he just have to shout "IM SORRY!" and mean it, and then its all good? geeez...

Quote d) the nature of Islam and how best to fulfill the mandate of Jihad (using the definition of a holy campaign of spiritual revolution,) whether that comes through force or through peaceful methods.

Jihad is foremost an inner struggle for doing the right thing. To try and be the best that you can be. But it altso has a war facet to it. If, and only IF we are attacked, we are forced by the rules we abide by to retaliate. We will try to negotiate, and call for justice and fairness a long way down the line. And most muslims are still trying to do that in peacefull ways. We beg of you to stop killing us, and stop looting our resources worldwide. But you cant expect it to continue. At some point people will have had enough, and then we will open up a whole can of whoopass. If yo utake from people everything they have, and everything they love. Dont be surpriced to see them do crazy stuff. thats how reality works. Altso in the west i assume.

This represent my personal oppinion

Kind Regards
Noah

Edited by Nausheen
Jeremy View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2005 at 9:04am
Thanks, Noah. Anyone else got a view?
nico View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2005 at 10:03am

Im not angry at canada. But i think you are all incredibly dumb. To fall for this whole, "to free Iraq from that evil man" ...look, evil men are everywhere, and saddam was a lion without teeth

Canada didn't go to war in Iraq, it was against the war...so lets look in the mirror before we call nations..."dumb".

Noah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2005 at 11:08am
peace Nico,

we all make mistakes ;)
nico View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2005 at 2:22pm

peace Nico,

we all make mistakes ;)

What scares me about that mistake was that you associated the entire West (through implication) with the War in Iraq, one can only wonder how many more Muslims make the same mistake of ignorance?

Noah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2005 at 2:36pm
there is nothing ignorant about it, the mistake was that it should have stated afghanistan, not that it is any better at all. But i admit that the two conflicts in my mind has merged together. If you supported one of them, you allready have your hands dirty. thats the mistake.

Peace
Noah
nico View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2005 at 3:26pm

there is nothing ignorant about it

My friend you have lived to the very defintion of ignorance, you have stated an opinion confidently without actually knowing the facts. I was being nice to you when I stated you made a "mistake".

the mistake was that it should have stated afghanistan, not that it is any better at all.

Explain this rationale, if anything the war in Afghanistan was legitimate by all accounts. Firstly the ones who attacked the US on 9/11 were Al Q operatives, the US asked the Taliban regime to give them the OBL and the gang in return for not attacking Afghanistan, they refused and the war started. How is that "not better" then Iraq? Are you suggesting that the US now has no right to defend itself because you feel Muslims are going to be hurt? Also considering that the Northern Alliance actually supported the war, and joined the US against the Taliban so to suggest that the war in Afghanistan was a war against the Afghan people or Islam is idiotic, especially considering that no one outside Pakistan considered the Taliban as legitmate rulers of Afghanistan. I would really love to hear your rationale...

But i admit that the two conflicts in my mind has merged together. If you supported one of them, you allready have your hands dirty. thats the mistake.

You have not shown us as such...I will be EAGERLY awaiting a response.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic