IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Pillars of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to perform Wudu and Salat/prayer  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to perform Wudu and Salat/prayer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to perform Wudu and Salat/prayer
    Posted: 05 March 2010 at 4:24pm

Performing Wudu

Cleanliness (Taharah) is an important precondition of Islamic worship. Wudu is an essential part of Cleanliness. Salah(prayer) is not valid without Wudu' or Tayammum(dry Ablution).

Allah says in the Qur'an :

"Surely Allah loves those who turn to Him and those who care for cleanliness" (2:22).

1. First make Niyya: (Intention) that you are making Wudu' for Salah and begin saying. "Bismillah.." (In the name of Allah, the most merciful and the most kind). Wash both hands up to the wrist three times, making sure that water has reached between the fingers.

2. Put a handful of water into your mouth and rinse it thoroughly three times.

3, 4 Sniff water into your nostrils three times to clean them and then blow the water out of the nose.

5,6 Wash your face three times from right ear to left ear and from forehead to throat.

7. Wash your right arm and then your left arm thoroughly from wrist up to elbow three times.

8 a & b) Move the wet palms over the head from the top of forehead to the back of the head.

9) Pass the wet tips of index fingers into the grooves and holes of both ears and also pass the wet thumbs behind the ears

10. Finally, wash both feet to the ankles starting from the right, making sure that water has reached between the toes and all other parts of the feet.

At the end of the above steps recite:

"Ash-hadu an la ilaha illal lahu wa ash-hadu anna Muammadan 'abduhu wa rasuluh."
Meaning: I testify that there is no god but Allah and He is One and has no partner and I also testify that Muhammad  صلى الله عليه و سلمis His servant and messenger.

Source: http://www.islamawareness.net/

Edited by Full of Hopes - 07 March 2010 at 8:50am
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 4:31pm

1- Takbir:

Takbir is entering into the state of prayer by glorifying God. We face towards Makkah and make the intention to pray. To begin the act of prayer, we say 'Allahu Akbar' meaning God is great, raising the hands to the ears or shoulder

2- Qiyaam:

Place your right hand over your left on your chest or right under the navel while in the standing position. Read this short duaa:

Arabic: Subhana Kal-lah hum-ma wabi hamdika wata-bara kasmuka wata'ala jad-duka wala ilaha ghyruka.

Translation: Glory be to you, O Allah, and all praises are due unto you, and blessed is your name and high is your majesty and none is worthy of worship but you.

Then recite Surah Al Fatiha, which is the first chapter in the Qur'an. Verses from any another chapter are then recited.

3- Ruku:

Ruku means bowing. During ruku, say 'glory be to God, the Most Great', (Subhanallahi Al Adheem),three times.

During prayer, do not fidget or look around. You must pray as though you are in the presence of God/Allah, and therefore must be in a state of concentration.

4- Brief qiyaam:

While moving into the upright position, recite:Sameea Allahu Liman Hamidah: ('God/Allah listens to the one who praises Him) , and while in the standing position, Rabana Wa Laka Al Hamd:To God belongs all praise' then is recited. 'Allah Akbar: God is Great' is recited again. Hands are loosely at the sides this time.

While you do each movement always recite: Allah Akbar 'God is Great'.

5- Sujud:

Sujud means to prostrate. While in the prostration position recite: Subhana Rabi Al Aala: 'Glory be to God, the Most High' three times. Palms, knees, toes, forehead and nose must be the only body parts touching the ground.

6- Brief sitting:

Allah Akbar:'God is Great' is recited while moving to the sitting position. Recite: Rabi Ighfer Li: My Lord forgive me) three times.

The Prophet, peace be upon him, recommended that each movement must last at least the time that it takes for the bones to settle. He compared some people's ruku' and sujud to the way that a crow pecks on the ground, because of the speed at which they perform it. (Ibn Khuzaymah)

7- Sujud again:

Recite the same.

8- To continue the prayer from the sujud position, say: Allah Akbar: 'God is Great' and stand up to repeat everything from Surah Al Fatiha, until you reach this sujud again.

9-Tashahhud:

After the second raka, after the second sujud, After saying: Allah Akbar: God is Great,return to the sitting position, then recite:

Tashahud:
At-tahiy-yatu lil-lahi was sala-watu wat-tay yibatu
As-salamu 'alayka ay-yuhan-nabiy-yu
wa rahma tullahi wa bara-katuhu
As-salamu 'alayna wa'ala 'ibadil-la his-sali-heen
Ash hadu al-la ilaha il-lal lahu
wa ash hadu an-na Muhammadan
'ab-duhu wa rasuluh.

Translation:

All compliments, all physical prayer,
and all monitary worship are for Allah.
Peace be upon you, Oh Prophet,
and Allah's mercy and blesings.
Peace be on us and on all righteous slaves of Allah.
I bear witness that no one is worthy of worship except Allah
And I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger

Listen here:
http://www.islamcan.com/salat/duas/tashahud.ram

If you are offering 3 Rakath of salah (as in Maghrib), then after Tashahud in second Rakath, you say Alla-hu Akbar and stand up. Then you recite Tasmiah, Fatiha and other supplications. Note that a surah after Fatiha is only recited in the first two rakaths. Carry on till second Sajdah in the normal manner and sit for second Tashahud in the third Rakath. After that, you are to recite the following three supplications and finish the prayer. If you are offering 4 Rakath of salah, then don't sit for Tashahud in the third Rakath. Simply stand up after second Sajdah in the third rakath by saying Alla-hu Akbar. Carry on till second sajdah and sit for Tashahud in the fourth Rakath. After Tashahud, recite Salat Alan-Nabi (Darud) - Salutation to the Prophet:

Allah humma sal-li 'ala Muhammadin
wa 'ala ali Muhammadin,
Kama sal-layta 'ala Ibraheema
Wa'ala ali Ibraheema
innaka Hameedum Majeed

Allah humma barik 'ala Muhammadin
wa 'ala ali Muhammadin,
Kama barakta 'ala Ibraheema
Wa 'ala ali Ibraheema
innaka Hameedum Majeed.

Listen here:
http://www.islamcan.com/salat/duas/salat-alan-nabi-darud.ram

Translation:

Oh Allah, send grace and honour on Muhammad and
On the family and true followers of Muhammad
just as you sent Grace and Honour on Ibrahim
and on the family and true followers of Ibrahim
Surely, you are praiseworthy, the Great.

Oh Allah, send your blessing on Muhammad and
the true followers of Muhammad, just
as you sent blessings on Ibrahim
and his true followers
Surely, you are praiseworthy, the Great.

10- Peace to the right:

To end the prayer, first turn their face to the right saying: As-salamu 'alaykum wa rah-matul lah

'Peace be upon you, and the mercy and blessings of Allah.'

11- Peace to the left:
As-salamu 'alaykum wa rah-matul lah

'Peace be upon you, and the mercy and blessings of Allah' is repeated turning to the left side now.

May Allah make this so useful for you and acceptSmile

StarPlease visit our forum for more Islamic  articles: http://1fatanalheri1.iboards.us/

And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
samirfaithful View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samirfaithful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2010 at 1:16am
salaaaam i can adde an other link for showing how to praySmile

W.S. View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2012 at 2:22am
Surely, cleanliness is good thing and I can see that being clean and being at a place that is clean when performing the salat is a sign of respect, but why do you have to do wudu in this particular way? I know there is a shorter version, too, but even that one you have to do in certain steps, and you have go through those steps in the right order and do them exactly right. How anal do you have to be? Why would God care if I've wet my chin with my fingers before salat? All that does is ruin my beard.

It says above that you must be in a state of concentration when you perform the salat. What if you're unable to put yourself in such a state? You may be able to do the motions and say the words, but you're not able to concentrate. You say the words but your thoughts are about something else, the unnatural load on your left knee, the feel and smell of the floor, what might be on TV right now, that woman you saw in the street earlier, and a million other things at the same time.
ahmedfarhan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmedfarhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 10:30pm
Masha Allah This article is inspiring. This article is the key to success for all. Our lives and work should always be to Allah.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic