IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Any advice?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any advice?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Centrino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 4:42am

waalaikum salam sister,

thank you very much for the link.Big%20smile I will look into it when I get the time. Insha Allah

Edited by Centrino - 08 March 2010 at 4:43am
Pati View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2010 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Centrino Centrino wrote:

Hi all,

I am a teenage girl and have Chinese grandparents. I'd like to try to convert them to Islam someday. Insha Allah. So any tips or advice?Thanks!LOL

Hi,

I will suggest you to respect your grandparents and respect yourself. If they show you interest in Islam, as far as you are Muslim, show them what Islam is through words and facts.

But I would never disturb any old person, and obviously NEVER use the phrase " I am a teenage girl and have Chinese grandparents". I understand it as a phrase from a teenage, but I have an advise: a true believer is not the one who wants to convert anyone to his Faith, but the one who is sure about his Faith.

Study hard the Quran, the Sunnah, the history, Muhammad's life, act like a Muslim and if your grandparents should be Muslim, they will do. If not, just love them as they are. Only God knows the future.

Good luck!
Patricia

No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 3:38am
Wanted to chip in along with Patti, Elderly people can be really set in their ways. . . particularly asian ones. It would be very hard to sway them, IMHO. However, all is possible to Allah - and may your efforts bring fruit.
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Centrino View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Centrino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 3:56pm
hi Patti,

regarding your advice, Islam instructs Muslims to spread the message of Islam, to welcome them to our religion and ALSO to be sure of their faith or else they wouldn't spread the message to others, would they? Of course i respect their opinion and respect myself but as I know what might be the punishment they would get in the Hereafter for not believing in the Truth,I wouldn't want that to happen to them. Of course everything is up to God,whether they go there or not. But it is also our duty to convey the message to them and let them decide for themselves. and there's nothing wrong with trying is there?

LOL,  don't get offended or angry at the way I wrote this, just wanted you to see my views. Smile

and yes chrysalis,elderly people are more hard to revert coz they have already lived by their original views for so long. Everything is up to Allah.

Thanks everyone for the advice! I never expected so many replies!Big%20smile

Centrino View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Centrino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 4:00pm
oh yeah ppl, if I don't come here for like weeks and months, it might because I'm busy studying or something else.

I don't intend to leave this forum.....yet.Approve
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic