IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Any advice?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any advice?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Centrino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any advice?
    Posted: 05 March 2010 at 3:38pm
Hi all,

I am a teenage girl and have Chinese grandparents. I'd like to try to convert them to Islam someday. Insha Allah. So any tips or advice?Thanks!LOL
haris30432 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haris30432 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2010 at 3:31am
Peace dear,

We dont convert anyone lol :D.GOD guides and its only him.Praise be to him alone.So i wud suggest giving them the Quran with translation.

Peace :)
ONE GOD ONE SOURCE OF LAW!
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2010 at 4:04am

Asslamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatu Allah

We are soooo happy to see you here, dear sister. Welcome to the IC. We pray to be your sisters and we so glad you are here with us. Heart

Here is a flower for you and I hope you like it.

As for your grandparents, you need to be more patient with them . Choose the good time to talk and do not say a lot. Make use of any good chance to show how you are happy in Islam and how Islam is the religion of true brotherhood and peace for all creatures.

Day by day they will ask you and want to know more, so you can suggest that they read the translations of some short suraas in Quraan,, then they will want to see the whole translation of Quraan.

But I am just saying, you do your best,, when you show you great Islamic manners and you happiness with Islam. Then Allah is the only one who can bring the Imaan in their hearts.

Remember it is like when you plant a tree.Embarrassed You need to water it time to time, so much water will kill it and you need to be patient with it. One day, you will jump when you see the plant grow up green.

May Allah reward you for your great intention and in sha Allah, Allah is rewarding you, Allah Akbar.Star

May Allah guide us all to the truth.

Edited by Full of Hopes - 06 March 2010 at 4:32am
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Centrino View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Centrino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2010 at 11:26am
thanks u guys. and thank you sister for the rose! same to u.Big%20smile i hope we will keep in touch and help each other when in need.Insha Allah! Ur example of planting a tree is very good! whether they revert to islam or not is all in Allah's hands, but our destiny is also what we choose in life. As for brother Haris, i know that everything is up to Allah, but sometimes He guides others to Islam through us. So hope u know what i mean.Thumbs%20Up  Thanks for both of ur advice!  By the way,do u watch Peace TV? Dr. Zakir Naik is very straight forward! U should watch it if u haven't yet done it. Thanks ppl!

P.S. is it possible if u can tell me ur age,sister?Star  and y is there a pig emoticon??!!! LOL:P
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2010 at 1:13pm
The best way is through having a good muslim character and people-skills. If you apply the sunnah in your life and be gentle and kind to people - that is the best da'wah. Actions speak louder than words. And passive da'wah works better with some people, rather than aggressive da'wah (i.e. always bringing religion in on every occasion)

Oh, and DUA !!! Make dua for your grandparents that may Allah grant them hidayat, and make you the source inshAllah. Good luck, and may Allah reward you for your kind intentions towards them.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 6:05am
As Salamu Alaikum Centrino

Welcome to Islamicity.

Both the sisters {Chrysalis, Full of Hopes} , covered all the points which were to be suggested. May Allah swt accept their efforts

By the way Centrino, i can proudly say that i belong to the country Dr. Zakir Naik belongs to. By the way, Centrino, do you watch the other speakers as well at Peace T.V. Masha Allah, it has good speakers and good topics discussed there.

As Sis CHRYSALIS, said, you need to first make lots of duas. Duas made at times when they are likely to accepted soon, esp during late hours of night as said both the sister covered all the points. By the way, do your grandparents watch Peace TV ? How is their reaction towards it, i mean after watching Peace TV, esp programmes of Zakir Naik ?

We Pray Allah that He blesses your grandparents with hidayah soon. Ameen

Stay active here
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Centrino View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Centrino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 7:45am

Waalaikum Salam sister,

thank u for ur reply. I do watch the other speakers and yes, there r some good topics there. But mygrandparents don't watch peace tv,especially when its in english(they're chinese). And Insha Allah, i also hope Allah will grant them hidayah. I will try to remain active here.Insha Allah.

Thanks everyone!Smile 
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 9:29pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Sister, this is a link of Qur'an in chinese. It has got audio as well. Kindly look into it, if it can help you

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic