IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cancer is not a Disease  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cancer is not a Disease

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The absurd one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2010 at 10:44am
What kind of sad joke is that?
vibejewel View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vibejewel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 6:36am
I'm inclined to agree with you. I've read more than once that all of us have some cancer cells in our body -- there's no such thing as anyone truly being "cancer free." To be sure, people who "have cancer" are in fact those whose immune systems have failed them, and the cancer cells in their body have gained an upper hand to the point that tumors form and critical functions start to break down. And if this is the case, chemotherapy and radiation is certainly not the answer to curing or treating cancer.

My father died of cancer, and I can tell you that chemotheraphy did nothing but make the last year of his life painful and filled with suffering. I have no doubt that cancer would have eventually taken his life, but perhaps if he had tried alternative treatments that could have boosted his immune system instead. Personally, I think that ultimately the "cvure" for cancer will be to supercharge the immune system so that it can fight off cancer and "take back" the body again. someday, we'll look back at chemotherapy and see it as barbaric.
sun22 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sun22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 3:00pm
This is really an eye opening article. Cancer is explained in such a detail. I gain some knowledge today.
Thanks for posting.
ejo142010 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejo142010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 6:17pm
I agree with Gibbs to the tee!
smilingface0510 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilingface0510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 6:19pm
Great article!!! Thanks for sharing guys!! I have learned a lot here. Now I know what to do now. Keep up the good work.
curr3ntd0m View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curr3ntd0m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 5:03am
As far as I remember, my professor told us that our body is made up of good cancer cells but it's the food we eat that contains carcinogenic that tends to open and develop cancers that caused bad effect on our body. I think cancer is a naturally occurring cells on our body that its content is just enough to support our body but due to the fact that some foods contain carcinogenic that can trigger to produce a lot of cancer cells that our body cannot support it. That's the time that cancer can be called a bad cancer cells or a disease. It's just my opinion, I don't claim it as true but that's how I perceive things.

Edited by curr3ntd0m - 17 November 2010 at 5:05am
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 10:08am

People die from cancer period there is no benefit to having cancer. Chemotherapy is not barbaric, its a poison used to kill cancerous cells and to shrink turmors. Some people have the ability to fight through it, others don't. Alternative medicine is good although unproven in the scientific community. If cancer isn't a disease why the hell would there be specific departments in the medical community that focus on the variations of cancer?

colourware View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colourware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 11:53am
This is an interesting article indeed. However, in my opinion, it lacks the real scientific data. I would like to put forward here a new paper that's been the result of many years of reaserch. It mainly identifyes a common biologic element for 11 types of cancer. The study has been published in New England Journal of Medicine 2010;363:1621-30. 21 octobre 2010.

It is about the FSH, the follicle stimulating hormone, which was  monitored in the tumours, which ranged from being at a very early stage to being at the later stages, for 11 types of cancer (cancers of the prostate, breast, colon, pancreas, bladder, kidneys, lungs, liver, stomach, testicles and ovaries).

Further experiments are required to confirm the detection of the FSH receptor by testing imaging procedures currently used in hospitals (MRI, PET and ultrasound imaging). The researchers believe that this receptor will be able to act as a general target for anti-cancer drugs as well as for agents which destroy or block blood vessels in tumours.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2010-10/ind-cdo102010.php
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic