IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Famous Quotes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - General Quotes  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

General Quotes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: General Quotes
    Posted: 04 February 2010 at 9:00pm
"I was like a boy playing on the sea-shore and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."

Isaac Newton
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 11:51am
�Say: �If the ocean were ink (wherewith to write out) the words of my Lord, sooner would the ocean be exhausted than would the words of my Lord, even if we added another ocean like it, for its aid.�" [18:109]
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 4:17pm
The owl and the pussy cat went to sea in a beautiful pea-green boat.

Edward Lear
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
SteppeNomad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteppeNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2010 at 5:57am
The quote that changed many lives LOL

Ya Allah, Bismillah, AllahuAkbar.
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2010 at 8:00pm
Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.

Albert Einstein

Edited by peacemaker - 06 February 2010 at 8:00pm
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2010 at 10:42pm
"If the religion were according to opinion then the underside of the khuffs would have been wiped, but I have seen the Messenger of Allah (saw) wiping over the upper part of the khuff.�  Ali ibn Abu Taalib(ra)
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2010 at 10:47pm
"How often it is that a small action becomes great by its intention, and how often it is that a great action becomes small by its intention."
� Abdullah Ibn Mubarak

"If I remained silent and you remained silent, then who will teach the ignorant?".  Ahmad Ibn Hanbal

Edited by abuayisha - 06 February 2010 at 10:49pm
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2010 at 8:02am
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

<FONT face=Georgia>�Say: �If the ocean were ink (wherewith to write out) the words of my Lord, sooner would the ocean be exhausted than would the words of my Lord, even if we added another ocean like it, for its aid.�" [18:109>

I wonder if the poet of the following small poem read the Qu'ran?

If all the world were paper,
And all the sea were ink,
If all the trees
Were bread and cheese,
What should we have to drink?

Keep researching and you will find this:_

The Jewish poem, Hadamut, in the Aramaic language, has ninety couplets. The poem itself is in the form of an acrostic. It was composed, in the year 1096, by Rabbi Meir ben Yitzhak, son of Isaac Nehorai, who was a cantor in the city of Worms, Germany.

The Hadamut poem also speaks of a certain miracle. There are three opinions as to the contents of this miracle.

The first opinion is that the miracle was the giving of the Ten Commandments on Mount Sinai. Incidentally, it is for this reason that the poem is still read on the first day of the Feast of Shavuot before the reading of the Ten Commandments.

The second opinion simply states that we really cannot know with certainty, from the references, what the actual miracle was.

The third opinion believes that the miracle took place in the city of Worms, home of the rabbi-poet. It is thought that there was a medieval, German priest who once spoke evil of the Jewish community.

Throughout the poem, the theme of God�s eternal love and concern for His people is evident. One section of this poem, from which the present third stanza of The Love of God was evidently adapted, reads as follows:

Were the sky of parchment made,
A quill each reed, each twig and blade,

Could we with ink the oceans fill,

Were every man a scribe of skill,

The marvelous story, Of God�s great glory
Would still remain untold; For He, most high

The earth and sky Created alone of old.

Then I found this article..written by a muslim

http://www.lohar.com/The%20Word%20of%20God%20and%20Meir%20Ben%20Isaac%20Nehorai2.pdf

And finally:-

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Poetry-678/Poetry-9.htm

Didn't quite expect these findings, and more can be found if interested.

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>
  Share Topic